SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Mar 7, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #76 of 1,133

Budget aside, how did you find the Z5 vs the A3?? 

Its all down to personal preference, they both have the same amount of sound quality just different signatures both are very detailed and have good separation comparable to other hybrid sets in the market. The Z5 is more of a unique sounding earphone while the A3 is more like a 'reference' sounding earphone. The Z5 has a tighter bass and smoother highs but the winning point of this earphone was its very 3D like soundstage, presentation and layering, listening to orchestra pieces really shine with them. The A3 has a slight v-shaped sound but no coloration so overall it sounds neutral bright but with a boost of bass. The A3 has slightly more boomy bass that will become tighter after burn in IMO, the midhighs are where the A3 shines, bright, good detail layering and extends very well.The A3 loses out on the Z5 in presentation, A3 has a large soundstage good presentation and layering but doesn't have that unique 3D like sound and more sense of space like the Z5. Hope this will help u to get an idea about them.

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #78 of 1,133
Its all down to personal preference, they both have the same amount of sound quality just different signatures both are very detailed and have good separation comparable to other hybrid sets in the market. The Z5 is more of a unique sounding earphone while the A3 is more like a 'reference' sounding earphone. The Z5 has a tighter bass and smoother highs but the winning point of this earphone was its very 3D like soundstage, presentation and layering, listening to orchestra pieces really shine with them. The A3 has a slight v-shaped sound but no coloration so overall it sounds neutral bright but with a boost of bass. The A3 has slightly more boomy bass that will become tighter after burn in IMO, the midhighs are where the A3 shines, bright, good detail layering and extends very well.The A3 loses out on the Z5 in presentation, A3 has a large soundstage good presentation and layering but doesn't have that unique 3D like sound and more sense of space like the Z5. Hope this will help u to get an idea about them.

awesome thanks!

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #80 of 1,133
  Btw for you guys who are curious how flexible it is

The most important part of this video happens in the first few seconds, where we see the two tips rubbing together and the Spinfit head is bobbling all over the place.  This is their key function, and to enable this to work the tip cannot be pushed on the nozzle too far; the last couple of milimeters must hang off the end of the nozzle, so that the flexible joint is not restricted.  This way, the end of the tip, the part creating the seal, can turn with the bends of your ear canal.  With some IEMs like my Parterre, it is not possible to push the Spinfit on too far - the nozzle is simply too short.  But with others, like my DN-2000, it is possible and I found out the hard way that these tips lose their magic if they go on too far.  (Fortunately Dunu incuded the spacers which work perfectly to prevent this.)

d

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #81 of 1,133

The most important part of this video happens in the first few seconds, where we see the two tips rubbing together and the Spinfit head is bobbling all over the place.  This is their key function, and to enable this to work the tip cannot be pushed on the nozzle too far; the last couple of milimeters must hang off the end of the nozzle, so that the flexible joint is not restricted.  This way, the end of the tip, the part creating the seal, can turn with the bends of your ear canal.  With some IEMs like my Parterre, it is not possible to push the Spinfit on too far - the nozzle is simply too short.  But with others, like my DN-2000, it is possible and I found out the hard way that these tips lose their magic if they go on too far.  (Fortunately Dunu incuded the spacers which work perfectly to prevent this.)

d

You are right, with longer nozzles it can still spin but not as flexible as the video shows.

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #82 of 1,133
  You are right, with longer nozzles it can still spin but not as flexible as the video shows.

Because you probably have the `Muse` Spinfits, the ones from HK/China.  The ones here in Japan, from the Olasonic/Ochiraku IEM company, are super flexy like in the video above.  PM me if you want to try them. . .

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #84 of 1,133
  Looks like another trip back to Jaben to pick up a set of these little bad boys!

U gonna be amazed by how much fit comfort isolation it provides 
etysmile.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #86 of 1,133
I'm liking the sounds of the upgrade value from this seemingly cheap bit of kit, relatively unknown too it seems?!

Yes, because one of the main factors that effect the sound of an earphone is actually the eartips. Yea quite worth it paying a little for a noticeable sound upgrade and the spinfits definitely should have more attention like the complys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back