SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Jan 7, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #496 of 1,133
Today my friend came over and we compare my SpinFit with his newly arrived spiral dot. From comparison of size it's seems my SpinFit are Larger despite being same M size. Maybe the store clerks gave me the wrong size.?

Anyway We compare them casually. Not much critical listening because it's pretty obvious the spiral dot can't compare to SpinFit which is superior when paired with either my soundmagic e80 or his Sennheiser IE80. IE80 obviously presenting a more resolute sound with SpinFit. However the sound doesn't improved much compared with e80.

in contrast the spiral dot introduce a lot of treble. Not much chemistry with the already bright e80. Sibilance everywhere. With IE80 they sound rather thin and lack body. Perhaps they match batter with darker iem.

Out of this two, no matter how much better IE80 excel in technicality, I I still prefer the SpinFit on E80. For their musicality and forward mid. Even my friend prefer E80 sound sig with SpinFit. I end up selling my 2nd pair of SpinFit to him.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #497 of 1,133
Today my friend came over and we compare my SpinFit with his newly arrived spiral dot. From comparison of size it's seems my SpinFit are Larger despite being same M size. Maybe the store clerks gave me the wrong size.?

Anyway We compare them casually. Not much critical listening because it's pretty obvious the spiral dot can't compare to SpinFit which is superior when paired with either my soundmagic e80 or his Sennheiser IE80. IE80 obviously presenting a more resolute sound with SpinFit. However the sound doesn't improved much compared with e80.

in contrast the spiral dot introduce a lot of treble. Not much chemistry with the already bright e80. Sibilance everywhere. With IE80 they sound rather thin and lack body. Perhaps they match batter with darker iem.

Out of this two, no matter how much better IE80 excel in technicality, I I still prefer the SpinFit on E80. For their musicality and forward mid. Even my friend prefer E80 sound sig with SpinFit. I end up selling my 2nd pair of SpinFit to him.

This matches my experience of the two. While the Spiral Dots made some improvement to the treble of my R2As it was at the expense of increased sibilance to the point where it really bothered me. The Spinfits do a great job and also with my IE80s.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #498 of 1,133
Hey, I'm looking for spinfits for my JH audio Laylas but I'm not exactly sure which ones will fit the nozzle?

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #500 of 1,133
The spinfits are made for the wider bore iems. According to Comply, your Laylas take the 500 as do my IE8s. The spinfits should fit fine.

Okay, thanks. Just one more piece of advice - which ones should I get, when I usually use medium size tips...

These

http://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-Surround-SPFT-WH-01M-Earphone/dp/B00XL0458Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453237633&sr=8-2&keywords=spinfits

or these

http://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-Surround-SPFT-RD-01L-Earphone/dp/B00Q8X4JCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453237633&sr=8-1&keywords=spinfits

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #501 of 1,133
FYI if in the US go on Ebay, a seller from Georgia is selling all sizes $10 a pair or a 4 pack of one each size for $30. I just ordered that pack so I can see what fits me best and if they make any difference with my various IEMs

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #502 of 1,133
  FYI if in the US go on Ebay, a seller from Georgia is selling all sizes $10 a pair or a 4 pack of one each size for $30. I just ordered that pack so I can see what fits me best and if they make any difference with my various IEMs

Those are specifically @Jack Vang's Empire Ears' listings.  Second to none. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #503 of 1,133
well after many week exlusively using spinfit and my e80 i came into several discoveries.

1. putting oil is not necessaryly the best practise. it will help seal but best option i tried are cleaning the outer tips and also cleaning my ear can give dramatic change in creating seal. skin produce natural oily anyway. so cleaning em will create better isolation. I guess its true to any silicon tips out there.

2. normal insertion produce lots of bass quality! best impact IMO.

3. deep insertion makes everything sound truly balance, but boring bass. however raising few db will give music some kick and musicality ensues.

4. in my observation; imho musicality by caused by energy kick and affect heartrate. i need to react to it or otherwise feeling restless LOL

BTW I just ab with my foam, foam give consistence resolution.

cheers

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #504 of 1,133
When you order from Empire Ears on eBay you have to specify what sizes you actually want. He sent me an email this morning asking me, so I told him two Med and two Large. 10min later they were shipped

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #505 of 1,133
Its all down to personal preference, they both have the same amount of sound quality just different signatures both are very detailed and have good separation comparable to other hybrid sets in the market. The Z5 is more of a unique sounding earphone while the A3 is more like a 'reference' sounding earphone. The Z5 has a tighter bass and smoother highs but the winning point of this earphone was its very 3D like soundstage, presentation and layering, listening to orchestra pieces really shine with them. The A3 has a slight v-shaped sound but no coloration so overall it sounds neutral bright but with a boost of bass. The A3 has slightly more boomy bass that will become tighter after burn in IMO, the midhighs are where the A3 shines, bright, good detail layering and extends very well.The A3 loses out on the Z5 in presentation, A3 has a large soundstage good presentation and layering but doesn't have that unique 3D like sound and more sense of space like the Z5. Hope this will help u to get an idea about them.
actually if we compare z5 and a3...... i would like to say

A3 has soundstage and soundimage(x and y axis) but Z5 has soundscape(z axis) with a little expense on stage and image...

Better wire, circuitary, ripple and step response and more amp friendly

And higher distortion control

And zero resonance

Perfected A3 is Z5

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #506 of 1,133
T
well after many week exlusively using spinfit and my e80 i came into several discoveries.

1. putting oil is not necessaryly the best practise. it will help seal but best option i tried are cleaning the outer tips and also cleaning my ear can give dramatic change in creating seal. skin produce natural oily anyway. so cleaning em will create better isolation. I guess its true to any silicon tips out there.

2. normal insertion produce lots of bass quality! best impact IMO.

3. deep insertion makes everything sound truly balance, but boring bass. however raising few db will give music some kick and musicality ensues.

4. in my observation; imho musicality by caused by energy kick and affect heartrate. i need to react to it or otherwise feeling restless LOL

BTW I just ab with my foam, foam give consistence resolution.

cheers
the medium insertion gives bass kick because then your ear acts as horn.....as there is a curve in ear, we actually see the size going small and then instantly large....so airpressure expands creating 60hz thud kicking bass

Use triple flange tips as spinfits are used for directing sound
Triple flange will imorove overall badass bass

As spinfit goes...it helps in deep insertion plus directing sound to eardrums(so no horn creation) and bass gets to be played as intended by the artist or music quality

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #507 of 1,133
T
the medium insertion gives bass kick because then your ear acts as horn.....as there is a curve in ear, we actually see the size going small and then instantly large....so airpressure expands creating 60hz thud kicking bass

Use triple flange tips as spinfits are used for directing sound
Triple flange will imorove overall badass bass

As spinfit goes...it helps in deep insertion plus directing sound to eardrums(so no horn creation) and bass gets to be played as intended by the artist or music quality
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate the science behind it.

BTW last night I read about (FLC8). bass venting port mod and tried it once again with SpinFit. Before this I did tape the venting port with masking tape but it only give slight bass kick.

But now tape mode with SpinFit I got new sound. Almost like listening to different phone.

Bass and texture. Speed vastly improved but normal or deep insertion cause bass fatigue.

Loose / shallow insertion give compromise. Better bass timbre and overall details. Depth again push furthered. imaging got better. . The trade back is mid / vocal also pushed back 1-3 row while staging expanded. Another trade back is the sound not so smooth as before. Like I said it's like listening to a new Earphone. I don't mind because I can explore many possibilities and all are reversible.

Listening to classical chamber music never sound this realistic before. I might converted to jazz fan just to hear the badass timbre (lol).

Call me crazy but e80 and SpinFit are true match made in heaven.

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #509 of 1,133
I tried the Spin Fit on my E80 last night and didn't hear a difference from my Auvio. Maybe didn't give it enough time.

My Tenores appear to sound their best with the Spin Fit. Puro and Bette could go either way, keeping the Spin Fit on the Puro instead of stock tip and the Bette is staying with the Auvio

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #510 of 1,133
My experience is with e80 and SpinFit + iPhone 5 / Galaxy s. The difference I experience are mostly relative. I only own e80 and ke ate. Never tried the Kz with SpinFit. For the last 5 month I almost exclusively listening to e80 at home. Maybe that's why I can pinpoint differences.

But I must say from my initial listening :
1. From stock tips, the first month using e80 are the most frustrating part. I even stress in e80 thread that I wanted to let go because of slight sibilant attack.

2. Found comfort in Stock comply. Rarely use it because of the hassle.

3. Discover SpinFit and never look back. Upgrade sound experience. Discover the new potential of e80.

4. Last few days after bass vent port mod
new discovery. Very loose insertion (sound like using open back headphone. Very poor seal. But best soundstage and timbre realism. A compromise I can live happily. Just imagine you're listening to open back. But it's rather tricky and always hit and miss. Need to test the seal with select track to check the bass quality, comparing them to my friend ie80 (from memory). Normal insertion still give me good seal and good sound but the great timbre are smeared.

Experience 1-2. Not much improvement. Experience 3-4 very noticeable improvement it's like listening to different Earphone. Right now I'm listening to lower volume because I can appreciate the music nuance better, Instead of cranking the volume to find "what's left".

Maybe I could discover them using other combination and not specifically with SpinFit. Who knows. But I'm cheap. And I like to explore many possibilities with my limited gear. Within months I discovered not only far better sound but also better understanding of music appreciation. Maybe I can discover them even independently but investing in SpinFit MADE me notice em..

Sibilance issue not entirely cured or maybe I'm just being picky. The source might be to blame too. No matter how great I appreciate e80, I'm still looking for upgrade worthy for my penny (or kupang) :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back