SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Jun 12, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #287 of 1,133
OK...

just installed the M size on mu Shure SE846

I had to create an adapter from a pair of Shure foam buds.

After a very quick listening session i was quite disappointed...bad isolation and bass killed!
The problem was that i inserted the spinfit fully on the "DIY Shure Adapter".

Moreover, inserted fully, the spinfit wasn't spinning at all!

So make sure to leave around 2mm between the adapter and the spinfit, as per my photo.

Noise isolation is poorer compare to the foam bud. That's quite normal, since the spinfit "membrane" is very tin. 

It seems not to to be an issue when playing music.

When music is off, you can talk to someone, i like that! Previously, with the foam bud i always had to remove one of the earphones in order to listen or talk to someone.

Finally regarding the sound improvement, i will come back to you later. It is a bit too soon to have a clear point of view on this matter. Nevertheless, it sounds goooood!!!

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #288 of 1,133
  OK...

just installed the M size on mu Shure SE846

I had to create an adapter from a pair of Shure foam buds.

After a very quick listening session i was quite disappointed...bad isolation and bass killed!
The problem was that i inserted the spinfit fully on the "DIY Shure Adapter".

Moreover, inserted fully, the spinfit wasn't spinning at all!

So make sure to leave around 2mm between the adapter and the spinfit, as per my photo.

Noise isolation is poorer compare to the foam bud. That's quite normal, since the spinfit "membrane" is very tin. 

It seems not to to be an issue when playing music.

When music is off, you can talk to someone, i like that! Previously, with the foam bud i always had to remove one of the earphones in order to listen or talk to someone.

Finally regarding the sound improvement, i will come back to you later. It is a bit too soon to have a clear point of view on this matter. Nevertheless, it sounds goooood!!!

Don't those Foam tips make the sound quality worse compare to silicone? It's just that Foam tips have better noise isolation right?  I tried Foam, Gel, and Silicon tips.  Silicone give the best sound reproduction.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #289 of 1,133

Don't those Foam tips make the sound quality worse compare to silicone? It's just that Foam tips have better noise isolation right?  I tried Foam, Gel, and Silicon tips.  Silicone give the best sound reproduction.

I totally agree. Foam tips kill the sound for me on any iem I own. I only use silicone tip and for some iem's the spinfits work magic. I also use them on my 846 with excellent results. Opens the sound stage dramatically for me.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #291 of 1,133

I totally agree. Foam tips kill the sound for me on any iem I own. I only use silicone tip and for some iem's the spinfits work magic. I also use them on my 846 with excellent results. Opens the sound stage dramatically for me.

The more I use those spinfit the more I like them...

Yes. It term of sound. They definitely perform better than the foam buds.
More detail. Soundstage increased...

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk 2

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #292 of 1,133
The more I use those spinfit the more I like them...

Yes. It term of sound. They definitely perform better than the foam buds.
More detail. Soundstage increased...

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk 2

It's funny but one of the often complaints I read about the 846 is that the sound stage is limited. I also experienced this with the stock cable and tips that were supplied. Once I changed the cable and used spinfits the sound stage opened and is glorious with width and depth to match anything I've heard. Of course, a good source and the quality of the recordings are also very important.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #293 of 1,133

100% agree!!!

this wednesday i will get a new cable for the 846...

Whiplash TWag 2 Gold. I expect a lot form it since i read impressive review on it.

my portable rig will slowly be as good as my main one!

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #294 of 1,133
  It's funny but one of the often complaints I read about the 846 is that the sound stage is limited. I also experienced this with the stock cable and tips that were supplied. Once I changed the cable and used spinfits the sound stage opened and is glorious with width and depth to match anything I've heard. Of course, a good source and the quality of the recordings are also very important.

may i ask what cable are you using?

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #295 of 1,133

may i ask what cable are you using?

Here you go:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE846-UE900-Fidue-A83-upgrade-cable-/181650410268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4b354b1c

I have ordered three cables from this guy in Latvia for different iem's and his service is fast and perfect. I warn you  that the cables are stiff since they are solid silver but they sound amazing. He has also done custom work for me. Very easy guy to work with and good English.

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #296 of 1,133
  Here you go:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE846-UE900-Fidue-A83-upgrade-cable-/181650410268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4b354b1c

I have ordered three cables from this guy in Latvia for different iem's and his service is fast and perfect. I warn you  that the cables are stiff since they are solid silver but they sound amazing. He has also done custom work for me. Very easy guy to work with and good English.

looks very interesting

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #297 of 1,133
I just got my Spinfits from Dopaminer. Took two weeks from Japan to me in Western Canada. I don't have the IEM's that I bought them for, as I sent them back for warranty work. But trying them on my RHA T10i's, the sub bass and treble are better with the bass filter on. I can't wait to try them on my Aurisonics ASG -2.5's.

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #298 of 1,133
I just got my Spinfits from @Dopaminer. Took two weeks from Japan to me in Western Canada. I don't have the IEM's that I bought them for, as I sent them back for warranty work. But trying them on my RHA T10i's, the sub bass and treble are better with the bass filter on. I can't wait to try them on my Aurisonics ASG -2.5's.

Do you know how big is the Spintip nozzle (the part where you connect the tips to your IEM)? Like is it 5mm? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back