May 8, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #46 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gben83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for all those who have seen spiderman 3, these two words will make you cringe:

the butler.
eek.gif

SERIOUSLY!

Spoiler Alert
If the Butler knew all the time, why didn't he just tell Harry? Did he have to wait all this time to finally tell him?

May 11, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #47 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SERIOUSLY!

Spoiler Alert
If the Butler knew all the time, why didn't he just tell Harry? Did he have to wait all this time to finally tell him?

Absolutely. I was thinking the same when I saw that scene. And the dialogue was crappy beyond belief.

May 12, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolute0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely. I was thinking the same when I saw that scene. And the dialogue was crappy beyond belief.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SERIOUSLY!

Spoiler Alert

Most useless secret in the world.

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #50 of 65
I finally saw this over the weekend and I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the last one but still pretty entertaining IMO. Maybe after hearing all the negative I went into it expecting very little so I ended up enjoying it more... who knows.

The only thing I could have done without is the MySpace Emo Parker stuff and the lame scene with him at that little jazz club but other than that I enjoyed it.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #51 of 65
I saw it this past weekend as well. My first step into Blueray territory. I decided to surprise my wife who loves the Spidey films. We were warned by some friends that we would most likely not enjoy it, so we opted to wait for its release on DVD rather than drop the cash at the theatre.

Anyhow, as expected I was very disappointed. Had Eddy Brock/Venom/Gwen Stacey been completely removed from the plot, I think it would have been a decent film. We would not have had the "Emo Parker" we would have had a more consistent and relevant movie and it would not have been so convoluted. I have no problems with how the Green Goblin turned out, I hated the Sandman implications, but apparently this is not being introduced in Amazing Spiderman so hrm...retconning is alive and well and burning me up. Regardless, a few of the sequences were worth the money (fighting the Sandman...dang they did a great job).

I hope any future Spidey film will deal with the marriage (get it over with already!) and stick to one villain (like the first film). More is LESS hollywood! Just look at what happened to Star Wars Eps 1-3, Matrix 2 and 3 and just about any sequel that mashes together upteen zillion things in hopes of making a large sums of cash, which generally backfire.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #52 of 65
Yes, I struggled to stay interested. I did like the great effects of the sandman but he seemed to forget his daughter after turning into the sandman, it was a wierd shift away from what was an interesting plot.

I really didn't like what the writers did with Dunst's character in this movie. She was pretty much off balance showing the writers were arguing in the back room somewhere and in the end no one won.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #53 of 65
Weak Sauce.

Emo Parker - worst idea ever

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #54 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw it this past weekend as well. My first step into Blueray territory. I decided to surprise my wife who loves the Spidey films. We were warned by some friends that we would most likely not enjoy it, so we opted to wait for its release on DVD rather than drop the cash at the theatre.

Anyhow, as expected I was very disappointed. Had Eddy Brock/Venom/Gwen Stacey been completely removed from the plot, I think it would have been a decent film. We would not have had the "Emo Parker" we would have had a more consistent and relevant movie and it would not have been so convoluted. I have no problems with how the Green Goblin turned out, I hated the Sandman implications, but apparently this is not being introduced in Amazing Spiderman so hrm...retconning is alive and well and burning me up. Regardless, a few of the sequences were worth the money (fighting the Sandman...dang they did a great job).

I hope any future Spidey film will deal with the marriage (get it over with already!) and stick to one villain (like the first film). More is LESS hollywood! Just look at what happened to Star Wars Eps 1-3, Matrix 2 and 3 and just about any sequel that mashes together upteen zillion things in hopes of making a large sums of cash, which generally backfire.

On the BD topic I was very impressed. I've been trying to compare my BD player to my HD player but since I don't have any of the same titles on both it's hard. I think the BD may have an edge... seems like slightly less noise in the pic and images pop a bit more.

ok, back to the Spidy hate
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #55 of 65
I don't have an HDTV so I don't know how good it really was/is. I have not watched a DVD copy either so I can't say much, just figured I would buy the BR thinking, eventually I will own a TV and this movie should be a great one to inaugurate my BR collecting.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #56 of 65
i saw this movie again over the weekend on DVD.

wow!

it does not hold up at all. it is laughable bad the second time around. there are a few pluses. sandman is excellent throughout. topher grace is surprisingly good until his transformation. decent comedy from jj and the french waiter. and there are still a few cool action/cgi scenes; but the rest - the vast rest (peter, mj, harry) - is all bad from start to finish. the dialogue is trite or just stupid. the scenes and character development are rushed and overly melodramatic. the singing and dancing is unwatchable. the ending is repetitive and predictable and a bore.

where did it all go wrong. the same cast and director of the first 2, which were so good, but not even close to the same result.

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #57 of 65
I thought the first one was ok..but by the time the second one rolled out, I had lost interest. The third one was the only one I didnt see in theatres, also saw it myself a week or two ago. One of my roomates had a 720 rip or something. I found the overall story kind of boring, but the spiderman fan among the two disagrees completely.

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #58 of 65
first film was good 1/2 way through then it became a super-power movie with a silly villian and silly protagonists other than spiderman.

the series finishes in a silly manner with guests of all ages thinking sillily of the future of the series... it is over.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #59 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the series finishes in a silly manner with guests of all ages thinking sillily of the future of the series... it is over.

Oh...it's not over, not by a long shot. The worldwide gross is up around $890,871,626, that is withouth last week's DVD and BlueRay release. Expect this to be well over 1 billion by Christmas time. No, with profits like this, Spidey and friends is certainly not over.

Now then, Spidey as we have come to know it may be. Maybe we will see someone else dawn the mask (hey that would be grand! Maybe the cool kid from American Beauty (please NOT Jake Gyllenthal) or maybe someone unknown, but Toby has his options open (and maybe should demand 25 million or something).

What they need to do:

1) concentrate ONLY on Venom (maybe having to bring in Mr. Fantastic to figure out how to trap Venom but good, you know, just like in the comics)

2) concentrate on ONE loving relationship. Since this is based of of Ultimate Spiderman, we can dispense with Gwen Stacey altogether, and ideally keep Shadowcat far far FAR away. Let's stick with MJ, get them married off and have Venom torment them both.

This could be a good film, and I might actually go for it, despite my distaste for Topher Grace.

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #60 of 65
Just watched the movie last weekend. Dr. Octopus and Venom are my favorite bad guys in Spider Man so I expected much from the third movie. I was slightly disappointed though. I would've liked to see more Venom and less drama. Also the background story about how the parasite (Venom) ended up on earth would've been nice. Digital effects and acting were good and story was otherwise ok. I must say I liked the second movie the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back