Spare Beyerdynamic Manufaktur DT770 Parts Available Individually?
Nov 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Aegir

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone!

I just got my 600 ohm DT770s with the split entry mod and the Moon Audio Black Dragon cable.  My initial impressions are - WOW. 

Having owned the stock 250ohm model previously, I find that the 600 Ohm driver upgrade, the split entry Black Dragon cable, and the addition of the leather earpads to be well worth the money spent - they sound VERY different.  I will post more findings later as these burn in, but for now, I have another question concerning cosmetics:

I opted for the stock cosmetics, choosing the put the money where it counts on the leather earpads & custom cable.  I like the look of these o.k, but I'm curious if any of the "manufaktur" parts are available individually from Beyer?

Specifically, I'm interested in the housing, mounting, and end piece.  These aren't on the Beyer North America parts section of the website.  If I change the region, I see some additional parts, but not the ones I'm looking for.  These pieces seem easily user replaceable.

I wonder if I call Beyer if they would be willing to order these parts for me, or are they ONLY for Manufaktur orders?

Has anyone had experience with ordering parts from Beyer which aren't on the "menu"?  I would appreciate any information.

Happy Holidays to all & thanks for any responses.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 13
Some of these parts ARE available.  I've been emailed by a Beyerdynamic rep.  He provided me with a list of part numbers for the pieces I'm interested in, plus prices.  I'm changing the end pieces, yoke, and mounting.  (User mods to the housing void the warranty, I'm told). 

I'll post pics in the future after the parts arrive.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 13
My order has been placed!

Attached is a copy of part of my order form.  (I've been informed that changing the housing voids your warranty.)

If you can live with the stock charcoal grey housing, you can replace some other pieces on your own for "Manufaktur" look.

I've already got the leather earpads and headband.

I'm adding the black softouch end pieces and mounting.

I'll post pics later
beyersmile.png

PRODUCT INFORMATION

QTY
ITEM#
DESCRIPTION
PRICING
1​
part# 580.473  ​
Black Soft-touch End Pieces Left​
$1.75 each​
1​
part# 580.465​
Black Soft-touch End Pieces Right​
$1.75 each​
4​
part# 109.649​
Screws​
  $0.96
1​
part#580.406​
Black Soft-touch Mounting Left​
  $1.75
1​
part#580.392​
Black Soft-touch Mounting Right​
  $1.75
4​
part#292.931​
Screws​
  $.0.80
2​
part# 109.649​
End piece back plate​
  $3.50
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​

​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
[size=10pt] [/size]

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 13
I just emailed them. 

If you go on thier website, I believe there's a link to print out the parts order form.  The order form contains a fax number & email address.

I will ask the specific individual I spoke to for permission to release his email address on here.

Dec 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #7 of 13
The person to contact at Beyerdynamic for specific part numbers - especially the Manufaktur pieces - is:

Pete Carini <peter@beyerdynamic-usa.com>.

Pete was most helpful & is a strong Head-fi supporter.

Updating my DT770 with some custom Manufaktur parts cost me around $22 with shipping.

Dec 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #8 of 13
Here's the DT770 pics! 

This was a fun, easy project that took less than 1 hour this morning; Only a phillips screwdriver is required to replace the mounting and end pieces.

I'm really happy with the way these look; only now I'm interested in replacing the housing with the black softouch!  This is something I may do in the future, but it would be a much more involved project.  (The split entry mod was done by Drew at Moon Audio on a stock pair of DT770.)

Before:

Stock%20Mounting.jpg

After:

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #12 of 13
Sorry if I am resurecting this thread but has anyone taken apart the housing for the DT770? I am looking to do a couple of mods to my DT770 headphones but I can't find any guides for opening up the housing for the consumer editions. I have only guides for taking apart the DT770 Pro edition headphones. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #13 of 13
Sorry for bumping the old thread. But did anyone try contact guys from beyerdynamic to get the spare parts recently? Seems that they don't reply my email at all. Or alternatively does anyone know where I can buy those spare parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back