Spanking new AKG K702 burn-in and bass
Feb 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #76 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I would say the same, on a friendly note offcourse, to you acix. Its like I said to that guy about the DT770 (who KEPT insisting that the only headphone with natural bass is the DT770). Maybe you should fight it out with him, lol, that would be fun, natural bass? DT770 vs K701, I might make a thread about that. Anyways think of the people who have put more money into it, looking for the right sound, spending not only money but also alot of time in it. Also think of the manufacturers, why does the HD800, GS1000, PS1000, R10, Omega 2 etc. etc. all have more bass? Is it because they weren't able to attenuate the bass? I don't think so.

Hehehe, the money will not buy you a new pair of ears...maybe just a new headphones.
wink.gif
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #77 of 204
Please read my post again, you don't seem to get it?!

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #78 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then why not just tell us the headphones you compared instead of asking about another thread?

Because you don't get it!

As simple as I can make it for you. I listen to K701-I heard bass-I don't want any more.

You sound like you're on a public forum trying to imply that I don't know what bass sounds like, or I have no "reference" to determine if I'm extremely happy with the bass of the K701's. The fact that other headphones have more or less bass does not change my perception. I already stated there are other headphones with more bass. What in the world are you trying to prove????

Edit- If you keep this up, pretty soon I'll have 2600+ posts
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #80 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by denydog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As simple as I can make it for you. I listen to K701-I heard bass-I don't want any more.

You sound like you're on a public forum trying to imply that I don't know what bass sounds like, or I have no "reference" to determine if I'm extremely happy with the bass of the K701's. The fact that other headphones have more or less bass does not change my perception. I already stated there are other headphones with more bass. What in the world are you trying to prove????

smily_headphones1.gif

I never said they didn't have plenty of bass for you. The question was, "What headphones have you compared to the 701's"? I'm trying to help you achieve Headphone Supremus, be appreciative.
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #81 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said they didn't have plenty of bass for you. The question was, "What headphones have you compared to the 701's"? I'm trying to help you achieve Headphone Supremus, be appreciative.
biggrin.gif

Well, I was just listening to my new HD800's earlier today, but they're way too bass heavy for me, and I'm going to send them back.

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #82 of 204

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #83 of 204
Head-Fi has used to be a headphone forum... where people can exchange experiences and enthusiasm. Now some threads have developed into an anti-headphone crusade -- with always the same handful of vocal people trying to cram their absolutistic truth into everyone's throat.
redface.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #84 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hottuna_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... got my K701 several months ago second hand (2 years old).
First thing I did was give the pads a good wash.
They did not sound too spectacular. Quite similar to my AD700. This was out of my Asus Xonar D2X.
Once I got my Shanling PH100, I immediately noticed an improvement in the bass. To me it was quite a step up in bass but that is probably because it was in comparison with the AD700.

After a few months, I decided to get replacement pads as the old pads just looks really worn.
Once i replaced the pads, I noticed that the bass was missing/lessened. I kept listening to them for about a week and then i swapped back the old pads and the bass was back in action and i was loving it.
By now the old pads have been washed twice and are pretty darn soft while the new ones are pretty firm.

Anyway, t;ldr softer pads improved bass for me. Will it work for others? who knows...

That's exactly what I keep preaching on and on... without much success. Your report is the first corresponding reaction. Might in fact be an important cause for the diverging opinions.

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #85 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by denydog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

No one is saying the bass of the K701 isn't awesome for you. But if you are going to recommend the bass of the K701 to others, you need references to compare to. How else would anyone know what you are talking about?

For example, If I was to talk about bass, I'd compare the D2000, AH-D750, AD900, AD700, HD595 and HD280. These are cans I've heard. HD555, HD595 and HD280 in Montreal as they were the only Sennheisers I was able to get from the local shops. I returned them all and got the AHD-750 instead
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #86 of 204
People have different perceptions on what good bass is and how many decibels of bass they like. I personally like transparent, natural bass with no coloration (which usually isnt very booming). Ive found alot of headphones have emphasis on bass to an unrealistic extent or they extend unevenly. Some like that, and thats OK. Mabey the K701 isnt for bassheads. So what, some people like the bass for what it offers.

Do your research

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #87 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People have different perceptions on what good bass is and how many decibels of bass they like. I personally like transparent, natural bass with no coloration (which usually isnt very booming). Ive found alot of headphones have emphasis on bass to an unrealistic extent or they extend unevenly. Some like that, and thats OK. Mabey the K701 isnt for bassheads. So what, some people like the bass for what it offers.

Do your research

I agree. But be careful. This is a Jihad for some, and they will fight you to the death if they cannot convert you
dt880smile.png

Feb 24, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #88 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well since we are all on the comparison tour:

I compare the K701 to some good bookshelf speakers, they do alot of good stuff, but the bass really rolls off. This is hearable and measurable.

And I'm glad oqvist hat after the long travel, this K701 has also found a loving home. Say hi to her from me, her name is Jessica btw.

This is a great analogy and describes the 701 perfectly!

Feb 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #89 of 204
What is all this nonsense about K701s having good bass? I am listening to them right now. The K701s have no bass, no treble and no mid-range. That is a fact and is not subjective opinion. So all you K701 lovers can go to hell.

Oh crap, my Zune was turned off all this time.

Feb 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #90 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by rvikul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is all this nonsense about K701s having good bass? I am listening to them right now. The K701s have no bass, no treble and no mid-range. That is a fact and is not subjective opinion. So all you K701 lovers can go to hell.

Oh crap, my Zune was turned off all this time.

:O)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back