Southern California Meet: August 2006
Aug 11, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #301 of 322
Hey 909,

I sent you a PM but got no reply. Was thinking to make it to the meeting either Saturday or Sunday. I'd bring my Zu/650's. For the Stealth/Meridian, looks to me like you have plenty of gear already, so probably not needed?

Could you send me info on location and such?

cheers,
Arnaud.

Aug 11, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #302 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnaud
Hey 909,

I sent you a PM but got no reply. Was thinking to make it to the meeting either Saturday or Sunday. I'd bring my Zu/650's. For the Stealth/Meridian, looks to me like you have plenty of gear already, so probably not needed?

Could you send me info on location and such?

cheers,
Arnaud.

There's never enough gear. I'd like to hear your set-up.
wink.gif

Info sent...

Aug 11, 2006 at 9:40 AM Post #303 of 322
I'm going to be picking up Ray at around 11:30 and dropping him at his hotel probably around 1 pm. I would stay and hang out with him but I have to attend to my family and then I have a date in the evening. Can some of you guys get together with him for the afternoon and evening so he's not bored? I'd really hate to leave him cooped up in his hotel room for so long.

Aug 12, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #305 of 322
Well, got slightly sandbagged by work tomorrow. I will be there, but probably just for the morning and leave for the office a little after lunch. At the very least, I'll put all of my headphones (see sig) in a bag and bring those along.

If I get up early enough, I might pack some of the source/amp gear, but I don't know how much I'll bring. The HeadFive is easily taken off the nightstand, so it will be there.

If anyone wants to hear it, the H.H. Scott 350B would be relatively simple to bring. It's an all tube FM stereo tuner, circa 1961. Very analog. Anyone want me to bring it?

Aug 12, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #306 of 322
Uncle Erik, I'd love to listen to that tuner. I've been itching to listen to some analog tube gear(being slightly of the wrong generation for tubes). Some people have recommended that I listen to a tube FM receiver
cool.gif

Aug 12, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #307 of 322
hello friends,
I have some unfortunate news. I will not be able to attend the meet this year,
within the last few weeks, I have been slammed with work and juggling my schedule the best I am physically able to.

unfortunately I have been scheduled to work tomorrow. Please forgive me for my absence this year. I regret now meeting fellow head fi members, ray, and tyll

Im pretty much working 7 days a week, and its beginning to take its toll on me.
I have received messages, please be patient with me as I respond to each one individually. Im doing the best I can
580smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks like I will have to attend the next so cal meet
frown.gif
, I myself am very dissapointed that I am not able to attend this year.

Once again, please forgive me for my absence, Ive just been so overwhelmed with projects and work lately, which at the moment does not seem to slow down anytime soon.

Aug 12, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #308 of 322
hm, unfortanately, i can't really go myself.. it's kinda far for me (about 85 miles).. as im in orange county. im already 10k in debt, and in a year and a half, i'll be 40k when i finish college.. gotta be froogle until im more stable
mad.gif

and i figure every dollar i save is another dollalr that can go towards audio equipment
orphsmile.gif

i want to hear some nice rigs though, blah.

Aug 12, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #311 of 322
Out of bed and have my gear packed up. Yes, the Scott 350B is coming along with the HeadFive. Now, just a shower and I'm off to the meet!

Edit: Just got "the call" from the office. I have to go in. I'll put the stuff in the car and swing by after I get out, if there's time. There's also a chance I can make it in tomorrow morning- my sister's birthday party doesn't start until the afternoon.

Aug 12, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #313 of 322
Just got back from the So. Cal. Meet and met alot of very nice guys there. Met a asian fello named Mike and he showed me a chinese tube headphone amp that was very nice but I forgot the name. Just getting old. Was it Feel? I dunno

Aug 12, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #314 of 322
It looks like I'm going to have to bow out as well... Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to trying the Darth Beyers.
frown.gif
basshead.gif
frown.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #315 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by guru388
Just got back from the So. Cal. Meet and met alot of very nice guys there. Met a asian fello named Mike and he showed me a chinese tube headphone amp that was very nice but I forgot the name. Just getting old. Was it Feel? I dunno

Little Dot perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back