Southern California Meet: August 2006
Aug 9, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #286 of 322
I'm new to the forum, but I'm interested in attending the meet. I may be a little late because I will be driving down from Monterey Bay for another meet for my car audio forum, www.elitecaraudio.com I'll be bringing along my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s. I'll only be able to attend on Sunday, hopefully there are still a good amount of people there. I have some WBT RCAs coming in, but I'm not sure if they'll arrive in time.

I briefly read the guidelines for conduct at the meet. Is there an address for the location of where it'll be held? I guess I'll do some searching around when I have time. Is there any cost to attend the meet besides paying for your meals?

Aug 9, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #287 of 322
"If anyone has a .05mm allen/hex wrench, could you do me a huge favor and bring it to the meet?

I need to adjust a knob on my Melos and I would really, really appreciate it!"

- nanahachi

I checked my allen wrenches last night and my set doesn't go that small, only 1.5mm. Sorry but I won't be able to help you, as I thought I would.

- augustwest

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #288 of 322
The PM will go out today.
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #290 of 322
PMs sent. If you haven't received it let me know.

[size=small]Here's the updated attendee list[/size]

Edwood
Jasper994
rx7_fan
Iron_Dreamer

Dollar
Sparky14
BRBJackson
Uncle Erik
Jon L

Borat
crazyfrenchman27
augustwest
velogreg
nanahachi

LFF
Granodemostasa
Sdheda
Guzziguy
ShaftedTwice

RnB180
Riboge
braker218
utep10
arnesto

DigiPete
Audiofiler
Jbucla2005
Bbcrusher
Head Creep

NU62
Jeremy
Zippy2001
CousCous
tangsta

agent86a
mikeliao
foo me
afobisme
quoteunquote

Mazuki
tyloh73
solomon2773
utep10
afobisme

guru388
James3Toe
crazyhatusc
petery83
Mikenet

AC1
James3ToeF
neilvg
aluren
axle

tomjonesrocks
nytmarezz
KeithChu
mossH

Eddie Current: Craig Uthus (formerly Moth Audio)
Grover Huffman Cables: Grover Huffman
HeadAmp: Justin Wilson
HeadRoom: Tyll Hertsens
Imagine Hi Fi: Paul Lim
RS Audio: Ray Samuels
Shure: Matt
SinglePower: Mikhail
Ultimate Ears: Jerry or (Mike) and the audiologist (Noy)

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #291 of 322
another idea: have you tried contacting another local manufacturer: M-Audio. Their products are very popular among us who use you computers as the source.

Aug 9, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #292 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
another idea: have you tried contacting another local manufacturer: M-Audio. Their products are very popular among us who use you computers as the source.

Nope. Can you provide their contact details?

Aug 9, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #293 of 322
Aug 10, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #295 of 322
Well I had every intention of coming but $$ issues are getting in the way. I look forward to hearing about the meet though and I hope I can make the next one.

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #297 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Sorry to hear that, but there is no cover fee or obligation to buy anything.

Oh yeah I know. However due to unforeseen car problems I now have a total of ten dollars to my name until tuesday, so no extra gas money to drive out. Now if someone wants to give me a ride to the meet I'm there :).

Aug 10, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #298 of 322
Sorry, won't be bringing the reel to reel or turntable to the meet. Hopefully someone else is bringing analogue. The short story, its broken.

Good news is I changed all the Cute amps to 110V. I'm pretty sure the Feel, G+W, and Little dot can be changed as well. Maybe I should bring a soldering iron to the meet and do it there.

Just got back to my parent's house today and went to clean up the reel to reel for the meet. Cleaned up all the dust, loaded a reel, hit play, and it spun for a quarter of a turn and stopped. Took it apart and changed the 2 fuses that blew, and then noticed the main belt is broken. A 20-some year old piece of rubber, should have bought spares way back then.

So...I'm lazy and will leave the reel to reel and the TT at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back