frown.gif

-Matt

Read post 260 and you'll know when...
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #272 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by NU62
David:

This is to confirm that I plan to attend - may bring a couple of guests (non Head-Fi members). Looks like this will be a great weekend.

Regards,

Laurie

I am looking forward to it. And It certainly does indeed.

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #274 of 322
If anyone has a .05mm allen/hex wrench, could you do me a huge favor and bring it to the meet?

I need to adjust a knob on my Melos and I would really, really appreciate it!
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #276 of 322
I currently have my weekend schedualed away but if those plans fall through I may be interested in coming up to the meet.

What does everyone do the entire day at the meet? I imagine there is more to it then just compare/contrasting headphones all day....

Will some of the company reps be selling at the meet? Because if the Super.fi 5 EBs sound like I hope they will.......

Aug 8, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #277 of 322
[size=small]Another item in the Raffle[/size]

The New AE-1 Portable Headphone Amp* with personalized customization if desired such as mirror polish, color selection, laser engravings, etc ($500) [Courtesy of HeadAmp] *when released and raffle winner selects options Justin will ship it to you.

Aug 8, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #278 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks
Anyway, is there a "maybe" option for this meet? I'd really like to know exactly where it's being held in case I do wind up being able to go! Can I RSVP (so I'll get the PM) even if I'm not totally sure?

Certainly, you'll get a PM with the meet address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nytmarezz
What does everyone do the entire day at the meet? I imagine there is more to it then just compare/contrasting headphones all day....

That’s all.
blink.gif

I suppose we put faces to avatars, meet up with old friends, talk about other stuff too, eat, drink and just hang out and have a good time.

Quote:

Will some of the company reps be selling at the meet? Because if the Super.fi 5 EBs sound like I hope they will.......

I am not sure about this one, but it's a real possibility. Someone else might know.

Aug 9, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #279 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
I suppose we put faces to avatars, meet up with old friends, talk about other stuff too, eat, drink and just hang out and have a good time.

I ask because this is a quote from a friend of mine (who is also a member here):

Quote:

different atmosphere most headphone meets are serious as they involve $$$$ hardware.

I hope you can alleviate my fears here but now I am kind of worried if he is right, if I will be "serious" enough for this.

I'm 20, my 2 friends are the same age as me and would like to come along. I have no doubt that my friends and I will be careful handling and being around some of the very expensive gear that is going to be there but my other friend makes it sound like everyone walks around with poker faces debating in hush tones. I was sort of thinking of it more like a party atmosphere (minus the drunk people, the running, and the pool), having fun, jubilant exclamations at new found experiences, etc. Another matter is in terms of contribution. We each pretty much only have 1-2 headphone(s) worthy of even being considered compared to the line-up that is apparently going to show up.

I hope you understand my fears here, I am worried my friends and I are too newbie and won't quite fit in.

Are my fears ill-warranted 909?

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #280 of 322
Quote:

I ask because this is a quote from a friend of mine (who is also a member here):

I hope you can alleviate my fears here but now I am kind of worried if he is right, if I will be "serious" enough for this.

I'm 20, my 2 friends are the same age as me and would like to come along. I have no doubt that my friends and I will be careful handling and being around some of the very expensive gear that is going to be there but my other friend makes it sound like everyone walks around with poker faces debating in hush tones. I was sort of thinking of it more like a party atmosphere (minus the drunk people, the running, and the pool), having fun, jubilant exclamations at new found experiences, etc. Another matter is in terms of contribution. We each pretty much only have 1-2 headphone(s) worthy of even being considered compared to the line-up that is apparently going to show up.

I hope you understand my fears here, I am worried my friends and I are too newbie and won't quite fit in.

Geesh, it's a head-fi meet, not a day at the polo grounds.

Yes, we'd prefer if it was on the quieter side, but does that ever happen? No, there is plenty of conversation which detracts from comparisons, but that's just what happens when large groups of people meet up with eachother. It's expected.

I'm sure there will be people coming from all kinds of backgrounds. Don't worry about it.

-Matt

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #281 of 322
Quote:

Allow me to answer. A headfier is a serious guy or gal. Most of us do have seriously expensive equipment and we are very serious about listening to music in peace and quiet. However, when we get together, the seriousness boils down to just plain fun. We talk, we compare and we joke. We share music and some even get down to showing others how to DIY. As a group, we always have fun. Don't take feel like it is like going to church. Think of it like a family BBQ without the BBQ.

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #283 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by guru388
Just a few days to go and I still have never received any info with an address. Still no directions or address.

No worries, nobody has it yet. We'll have it by the night before, and until then you have the city it's in so you should have a close approximation for the milage you'll be traveling.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back