Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet Hosted By Overture Audio, Ann Arbor, MI 3.14.15
Mar 15, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #16 of 104
What a great meet! Will be back with more impressions later, but a big thank you to the folks at Overture Audio for being such gracious hosts.

Much of my time was spent with my own new gear - the Geek Pulse XFI that I literally picked up on the way to the meet.

Good news is it sounds fantastic. Bad news is that it's got glitchy firmware that causes the volume to stick at high volume after a time. Oh well...I gather that they are working on it.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #17 of 104
What a great meet! Will be back with more impressions later, but a big thank you to the folks at Overture Audio for being such gracious hosts.

Much of my time was spent with my own new gear - the Geek Pulse XFI that I literally picked up on the way to the meet.

Good news is it sounds fantastic. Bad news is that it's got glitchy firmware that causes the volume to stick at high volume after a time. Oh well...I gather that they are working on it.

Oh, man. I was hoping for a mini meet to get another look at that Pulse. It sounded sweet! Probably not so good when it's at full volume, though!

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 104
Thanks to kayandjohn for his efforts on putting the meet together. :dt880smile:

Here he is with his signature red headphones:

And then I had to share this picture of AKGunkie listening to my Soundmagic HP150s :)

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #19 of 104
Here are some photos from the meetup. My impressions will follow (spent tonight watching Lewis dominate... again). A huge thanks to John and Brian for organizing the event as well as all the attendees whom made it a truly enjoyable and educational event. More to come!

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #26 of 104

Curses! You beat me to it! 
tongue.gif

I am sure they sound great, but schiit are they hideous to look at!

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #27 of 104

Going to make an assumption here based solely on this picture, congrats to this guy for winning the awesome and fantastic M4U 2?!

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #28 of 104

Going to make an assumption here based solely on this picture, congrats to this guy for winning the awesome and fantastic M4U 2?!

smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, there were three door prizes, donated by their manufacturers...  The M4U2 shown in the picture, the HE-400i donated by HiFiMAN, and the charter publicity photograph with logo created for the original Southeast Michigan Headphone Meet last September, donated by zabzaf (founder of the series).   Thanks to our host, Overture Audio, for persuading PSB/NAD and HiFiMAN to donate these prizes.

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #29 of 104

Curses! You beat me to it! 
tongue.gif

I am sure they sound great, but schiit are they hideous to look at!

Remember, the only one who CANNOT see how your headphones look when you are wearing them is... YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back