South Florida Summer 2005 meet
Jun 14, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #181 of 188
Thanks for the update Aaron.

BTW, Boozebuttons has TWO pairs of HE90s?
eek.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #182 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Or more accurately, the KGSS was voiced for the SR-007 by Kevin Gilmore when he created the design.
wink.gif

Tru Dat. That is a far more accurate statement...sorry.

...and yes, Bozebuttons has two pairs of HE-90's, but look at it this way...only one really works
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #183 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
I went to this meet looking for an amp and now all I can think about is an Orpheus. Damn you wmcmanus, Gary.

Hey, but I see your dream has come true. At least now you won't have to worry about buying an SDS-XLR which would have cost you even more than the HE90's!!!

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #184 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Hey, but I see your dream has come true. At least now you won't have to worry about buying an SDS-XLR which would have cost you even more than the HE90's!!!

lol - saving money, Head-Fi style.
orphsmile.gif

Actually, Gary may have saved a bundle by going right to the mountain top without all those intermediate stops along the way. With that great SCD-1 as source, the only insecurity we can foist on him will be cables and amp.

Now our lad is under the gun to select and acquire the perfect amp in time for the HE90's arrival. Tick tock, tick tock ...

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #185 of 188
Let me see if I have this right, Gary getting HE90, Mike lives about 30 minutes from Gary, it's like Mike getting a pair of HE90's. Gary, make some room, you will be having a visitor, over and over and over....

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #188 of 188
Yep Mike it's true,looks like we're the proud new owners of an HE90.I just hope the 18(or at least mine)arrive before the Melbourne meet.I'm sure we could find 3 or 4 people that want to listen to an Orpheus at the same time.
orphsmile.gif
Gene it's funny you bring up the saving loads of money issue because by Wayne's figures,I saved about 50 grand and that's just fine with me.Mike,I'll see you this weekend if we're still on and yes you can borrow them anytime you like.Gary.

P.S.Mike,if your brother wants to borrow them he'll have to leave a deposit of exactly what I paid for them.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back