South Florida Mini Meet 1/7 impressions
Jan 8, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #31 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ohhh...ty its at your house or Jp's? Last i heard was the same bat place =)

At least if you go to your house...we can enjoy some Football (no sound of course).

Also saves me a trip coming to pick up those cables from you. I really do think the 650 cable makes a difference on my 580s. I will let you test it on sunday with the DV.

Ohh my gawd!!! i love the sound of tubes. Im soooooo happy right now, my face hurts from smiling
600smile.gif

I think jp, Frank and I decided to make it my place after everyone else left. It saves Frank at least 1/2 hour each way. My wife is out of town so it's a perfect time.

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #32 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think jp, Frank and I decided to make it my place after everyone else left. It saves Frank at least 1/2 hour each way. My wife is out of town so it's a perfect time.

Awesome...its the same distance for me either way, so it doesnt matter =)

Jan 8, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #34 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin has told me that he will replace the faceplate at any time in the future,it's up to me.Gary.

Good news.

Wayne,

You guys were really very polite back then. What the heck happened? I've found rapid fire insults with the occasional accompanying hand gesture to be standard at the five meets I've attended. As a Wendy Wards Crossroads to Charm school graduate, I can only say that you've got a much more degenerate crew on your hands since those long ago days.

Jan 8, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #35 of 224
I heard Boom use the F-word today....ewwwwwwwwww

Straight to the office you go little girl!

JK....you da best Boom =)

Sitting here listening to Coltrane with the Heed, 650cable on my 580s and loving every single min of it. Cant tell which really i like more. I know i love the warmth of the tube and i know i love the speed of the Heed. ARGGGG...you just want me to spend money. I can tell.......ohh my wallet...OOHH my wallet.

Mucho thanks again. Even though my wallet hates you...you still da BOMBDIGGITY!!

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #36 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news.

Wayne,

You guys were really very polite back then. What the heck happened? I've found rapid fire insults with the occasional accompanying hand gesture to be standard at the five meets I've attended. As a Wendy Wards Crossroads to Charm school graduate, I can only say that you've got a much more degenerate crew on your hands since those long ago days.

Did you notice the attendance list? No tyrion, no stevio, no numbers. Anything else you need to know about the "good" old days? Not that it's so bad now with all of these jackasses hanging around, but you know where I'm going with this, right?
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #37 of 224
Quote:

I heard Boom use the F-word today....ewwwwwwwwww

Straight to the office you go little girl!

JK....you da best Boom =)

Sitting here listening to Coltrane with the Heed, 650cable on my 580s and loving every single min of it. Cant tell which really i like more. I know i love the warmth of the tube and i know i love the speed of the Heed. ARGGGG...you just want me to spend money. I can tell.......ohh my wallet...OOHH my wallet.

Mucho thanks again. Even though my wallet hates you...you still da BOMBDIGGITY!!

Which F-word? Friendly, fabulous, fortutitous, fatuous, fecundate, frugivore, facetiae...there are simply too many to recall. How is one to keep track?

Glad you're enjoying yourself. I'm pretty pleased with my new mini discovery of the ipod>Larocco>580/G52 combo. I'm in bed listening with only 36 1/2 (yes...I somehow received 1/2 an essay) papers to grade. I'm reeling with F-words here at 12:10AM.

Not trying to take more money now. The DV is yours; the Heed is still mine.
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #38 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you notice the attendance list? No tyrion, no stevio, no numbers. Anything else you need to know about the "good" old days? Not that it's so bad now with all of these jackasses hanging around, but you know where I'm going with this, right?
wink.gif

I want all the "good" stories.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Feel free to embellish. I like that too.

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #39 of 224
Quote:

Which F-word? Friendly, fabulous, fortutitous, fatuous, fecundate, frugivore, facetiae...there are simply too many to recall. How is one to keep track?

Glad you're enjoying yourself. I'm pretty pleased with my new mini discovery of the ipod>Larocco>580/G52 combo. I'm in bed listening with only 36 1/2 (yes...I somehow received 1/2 an essay) papers to grade. I'm reeling with F-words here at 12:10AM.

Not trying to take more money now. The DV is yours; the Heed is still mine.
tongue.gif

Ohh i know...heed is yours =) Its just making me want a SS amp...ohh gawd...upgraditis again.

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #41 of 224
you know...we really need a live chat...or a IRC channel for us to chat in real time =)

I meant to ask you guys, but do you have online messengers?

Add me to your list...here is my list of contacts.

MSN- highlife_(AT)hotmail.com
ICQ- 875328
AOL- mourdrede
Yahoo- dchin420

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #42 of 224
Looks like a great time!

Faceplate imperfections or not, I welcome ANY new electrostat amps. The details on Aristaeus seem kind of scarce, though, such as:

What's the approximate cost?

Can it power Stax and Senn HE90/60?

Is it auto-biasing? (don't see any bias adj pots)

How many of what type of tubes are in there?

Is it tube or SS rectified?

Is it a balanced design and/or have balanced inputs?

Jan 8, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #43 of 224
Quote:

you know...we really need a live chat...or a IRC channel for us to chat in real time =)

Live chat would be a rather dangerous thing for me, and I suspect a few others. You never know what might slip out.

Jan 8, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #44 of 224
Quote:

Live chat would be a rather dangerous thing for me, and I suspect a few others. You never know what might slip out.

OMG you see thats the whole point...hahaha... life when it happens is great. Its like Reality Head-Fi!

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #45 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a great time!

Faceplate imperfections or not, I welcome ANY new electrostat amps. The details on Aristaeus seem kind of scarce, though, such as:

What's the approximate cost?

Can it power Stax and Senn HE90/60?

Is it auto-biasing? (don't see any bias adj pots)

How many of what type of tubes are in there?

Is it tube or SS rectified?

Is it a balanced design and/or have balanced inputs?

Gary (Guss2) is probably the best to answer these questions. All I did was listen and I liked what I heard. The faceplate was not an issue but for the fact Gary had waited so long. Even with the small problem, it still is a beautiful amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back