South Florida Meet 6/10/06
Jun 9, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #346 of 365
Wayne - Thanks for your kind response. I feel relieved. As for Rudi, I met him at the National meet, and I was very impressed by him, and by his equipment. Although I believe that he did not have an electrostat amp. at that meet, he did say that he has a new one that's already available, or that will soon be available. When I saw your posting (or perhaps it was it Gary's posting), mentioning that your Egmont amp will be at our meet, I did not realize that it is one of Rudi's products. Now, that I looked up the following web page http://www.rudistor.com/soundsystems/signature.htm, I understand the significance of the Egmont Signature amp; i.e., that it's a really fine product, by an highly respected manufacturer. BTW, according to this web page, the Egmont Signature is recommended for driving the HE90, as well as the Omega 2. As for the significance of several people's statements regarding the need to "bow at that altar", I'll remain happily ignorant of its meaning. All I really care about is discovering fine sounding equipment, and enjoying the fellowship at our meets.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #347 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
He told me he was picking up a case of Old Milwaukee and Busch Light.
biggrin.gif

wrong on all counts I was going to suprise you all but F-it I got a case of Mickey wide mouths, Genny Cream Ale and two 40s of Schlitz Bull Malt.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #348 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
wrong on all counts I was going to suprise you all but F-it I got a case of Mickey wide mouths, Genny Cream Ale and two 40s of Schlitz Bull Malt.

Genny Cream, now that brings back memories. All of which involve headaches.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #349 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801

You guys are gonna be livin' large down there! I actually tried to arrange a case of Bear Republic specialty brews to be shipped from Healdsburg to Johnny Numbers but I couldn't swing it. My wine-seller friend couldn't use his store account to ship it and I couldn't get there in time. Sorry about that, maybe next time I will bring the case with me!
biggrin.gif

Have an awesome weekend fellas!

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #350 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
You guys are gonna be livin' large down there! I actually tried to arrange a case of Bear Republic specialty brews to be shipped from Healdsburg to Johnny Numbers but I couldn't swing it. My wine-seller friend couldn't use his store account to ship it and I couldn't get there in time. Sorry about that, maybe next time I will bring the case with me!
biggrin.gif

It's the thought that counts. Well, not really but at least you tried.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #351 of 365
out of curiosity does the guy at Let There Be Sound carry HD580s? I was gonna pick up a pair for my dad for fathers day...

also i have a Thorens turn table that is in need of a new cartrage and some lovin and was wondering if he has the setup to make sure the turntable is setup properly?

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #352 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
out of curiosity does the guy at Let There Be Sound carry HD580s? I was gonna pick up a pair for my dad for fathers day...

also i have a Thorens turn table that is in need of a new cartrage and some lovin and was wondering if he has the setup to make sure the turntable is setup properly?

He doesn't carry Sennheiser headphones. He does carry carts and can check out the Thorens.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #353 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
He doesn't carry Sennheiser headphones. He does carry carts and can check out the Thorens.

hrmm, ok, if I can make it today (which unfortunately it dosent look like I will be able to...) I will bring the TT with me...

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #354 of 365
Quote:

hrmm, ok, if I can make it today (which unfortunately it dosent look like I will be able to...) I will bring the TT with me...

bring the deck to the meet we can take a look at it if you can not make it to LTBS tonight we can always run it over there during the meet if there is something funky with it

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #355 of 365
Quote:

I have a friend down here that literally has a warehouse full of NOS tubes that he has collected over the years, i will see if i can get him to look for any CV181's in there...

That would be much appreciated, either as a short term loan, or to buy a pair from him.

In my rush to get to the airport this morning, I forgot to pack ANY tubes for the Egmont. Aaron should be sending down the tubes that I had lent to him with the amp (I still need to pick it up from FEdEx) but I didn't give him any tubes for the middle sockets to begin with. So... I'll for sure at least need a pair of 6SN7's to borrow from someone, and preferably CV181 instead. The 5Y3 and 12ax7 tubes should be packed with the amp.

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #356 of 365
Thanks Wayne, my natural curiousity was piqued so now I'm dozens of threads into the whole Rudi/Kevin/et al saga
biggrin.gif
Sheesh!

See ya'll tomorrow... maybe tonight but I don't think I'll pry my lazy self out of the condo, plus I have to "oversee" some construction work.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #357 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron

Thanks, Al!

We'll hoist a glass to you, even though it will be bereft of Bear Republic suds. We'll just have to make do with the paltry local selection and a few single malts.

The Saturday show won't be the same without you - something about the sound of snoring at a concert that just adds to the enjoyment.
wink.gif
(I should talk, eh?)

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #358 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
The Saturday show won't be the same without you - something about the sound of snoring at a concert that just adds to the enjoyment.
wink.gif
(I should talk, eh?)

Snoring at the Villiage Vanguard. There oughta be a law.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #359 of 365
The other things that I didn't bring (besides the 6sn7 tubes) were the AD2000 and W5000. They just wouldn't fit in my carryon luggage which was pushed to the limit and beyond. I feel kind of bad about it because they'e both excellent headphones and they just sat there most of last meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back