South Florida Meet 6/10/06
May 12, 2006 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 365

jp11801

aka JP-nums or JP-numbers
Lead Organizer for Can Jam '09
Ok it's time to get going on the Florida meet. I know it's only been a few weeks since the International meet but I need to here the Grado's Gene won!!

Meet date is 6/10 figuring we will start around 10am for set up and go untill about 5pm. We can then go to dinner or to a local HI-Fi shope and out to hear a local band.

I will hunt around for a good venue in the greater Ft Lauderdale area and post it in the next few weeks. If we get lukewarm response it may be a mini if I get enough people commit I'll book a hotel meeting room.

May 12, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 365
Damn this entire continent in between us! Wish I could be there. Could bring Glenmorangie Burgundy Wood finsih, Oban 14, Sazerac rye, Suntory Whisky, and Knob Creek, oh and some headphone stuff too...

Have fun guys.

May 12, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Damn this entire continent in between us! Wish I could be there. Could bring Glenmorangie Burgundy Wood finsih, Oban 14, Sazerac rye, Suntory Whisky, and Knob Creek, oh and some headphone stuff too...

Have fun guys.

Hey why didn't we drink the Suntory while I was out there! If you can make it out here and we have it on the east coast you have a crash pad right off the beach.

May 12, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 365
How about that! Johnny Numbers organizing a meet. I'll bet you anything it ends up being held in some dank bar. If so, I'm game too! Try to pin down the date a place ASAP so that we out of towners can make travel arrangements.

May 12, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 365
I probably have to be in Chicago for work mid-June. That's close to Florida, isn't it? Wayne's gonna be there too?! Man, it's gonna be Suntory Time!

May 12, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 365
If it's down here, I think I am available anytime. I know Matt is going to Bonnaro in the middle of the month so that could be a problem with 6/14. If it's up in Tampa, which is fine, I might not make it. I may have a deposition up there towards the end of the month but that is still up in the air. In order to make scheduling easier, if it's in Tampa count me out. If that turns out to be the best place, go for it. There will be another one.

Al, we will miss you but Chicago is only a short trip on Southwest away.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wayne, I just hope he can find a dark, dank bar that can fit all our gear.

May 12, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 365
please not tampa again, I almost died a few times last meet during that drive its so boring/exausting...

May 12, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
please not tampa again, I almost died a few times last meet during that drive its so boring/exausting...

Give the kid a break, as his sig states, he is a poor college kid. Gas would cost him too much and we need Frank at the meet (so he can adjust the gain on my KGSS
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

May 13, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #11 of 365
Oh man, is there any chance people would prefer the weekend before that? I'll be in the US (New Orleans and Pensacola) from June 3 returning June 24th
frown.gif
For sure the 24th I won't be able to make it, but the previous weekend I could very likely join.

Cheers,
Raúl

May 13, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #12 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom

How about driving from Pensacola to Tampa!! (~ 8 hours) At least that's closer for me than Miami. But I've never been to Miami though, probably that would be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back