Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #136 of 283
How do you like S-018 compared to IM70 other than fit and comfort?

Btw, I sold my IM70. I hope S-018 won't make me miss IM70.

S-018 is brighter with clearer mids and more details. S-018 bass is tighter, faster but with less extensions, high is more details and less extensions. Over all I would say the sound signature of IM-70 would be slightly vieled compare to S-018 with slightly brighter. I am the kind of folk with accuracy, details, mids and vocal guy, and i prefer the bass in the S-018. As I compared before the S-018 fit right in the between of the T2 and the IM-70.

Think of it this way in my opinion and the way I hear it.

T2: not enough bass, but accurate, mid, high, vocal is too much in your face. Overall, very analytical, narrower soundstage
IM-70: not enough mid, mid detail, vocal can feel recessed sometime. Overall, warmer, little darker, but fun and relaxing, wider soundstage

S-018: fast, punchy, enough subass, mid is there and well presented, details. Overall, quality bass, more neutral, also fun, so so soundstage

But don't take S-018 as a superior to both of the above just yet. It has the weakness of I listen closely enough, some very sub-details in the mids and highs are missing where the T2 presents it better, that is why I said T2 is very analytical As it is even more accurate and details. S-018 can't have the wide soundstage as the IM-70 has either.

I chose the S-018 because it does little of everything too well together with the comfort and fit...oh and the 12$ price tag which make you feel like bringing it out and about anywhere without fear.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #138 of 283
S-018 is brighter with clearer mids and more details. S-018 bass is tighter, faster but with less extensions, high is more details and less extensions. Over all I would say the sound signature of IM-70 would be slightly vieled compare to S-018 with slightly brighter. I am the kind of folk with accuracy, details, mids and vocal guy, and i prefer the bass in the S-018. As I compared before the S-018 fit right in the between of the T2 and the IM-70.

Think of it this way in my opinion and the way I hear it.

T2: not enough bass, but accurate, mid, high, vocal is too much in your face. Overall, very analytical, narrower soundstage
IM-70: not enough mid, mid detail, vocal can feel recessed sometime. Overall, warmer, little darker, but fun and relaxing, wider soundstage

S-018: fast, punchy, enough subass, mid is there and well presented, details. Overall, quality bass, more neutral, also fun, so so soundstage

But don't take S-018 as a superior to both of the above just yet. It has the weakness of I listen closely enough, some very sub-details in the mids and highs are missing where the T2 presents it better, that is why I said T2 is very analytical As it is even more accurate and details. S-018 can't have the wide soundstage as the IM-70 has either.

I chose the S-018 because it does little of everything too well together with the comfort and fit...oh and the 12$ price tag which make you feel like bringing it out and about anywhere without fear.

Thanks @Whitigir. I ordered 4 pairs for me and my friends. 
etysmile.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #142 of 283
TTPOD is excellent if you can get a good fit and if the jack doesn't go bad (it's happened a lot due to extremely poor strain relief at the jack), then it's one heck of a budget performer.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #144 of 283
Well, HouseOfDoom and I seem to both prefer the S-018 over the T1-E.  But that does not mean the SoundSOUL is better.

+1 and no it does not

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #145 of 283
These are better than t1e?

I just delurked to say I like T1e better.  I think it has slightly better bass.  S-018 has better fit and a great price.  They are amazing IEM for the price.  I think I may go buy a second pair now just because they are ridiculously good for $13 shipped.

Been following the budget discussions and tried 4 IEMs out in the past 2 months.  I would say: T1e slightly better than S-018 which are better than Piston2 which are way better than VJJB K1. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #146 of 283
I just delurked to say I like T1e better.  I think it has slightly better bass.  S-018 has better fit and a great price.  They are amazing IEM for the price.  I think I may go buy a second pair now just because they are ridiculously good for $13 shipped.

Been following the budget discussions and tried 4 IEMs out in the past 2 months.  I would say: T1e slightly better than S-018 which are better than Piston2 which are way better than VJJB K1. 

I have no problem with your list. I pretty much agree.

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #147 of 283

13$ shipped where?

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #148 of 283
I like very much my t1e and havi b3 pro I with the nx1 topping amp :)
More than the vivo xe800, the highs of this vivo pierces my ear... Maybe i will see this s-018... I'm following the duoza thread, willing to get those too lol

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #149 of 283
I like very much my t1e and havi b3 pro I with the nx1 topping amp :)
More than the vivo xe800, the highs of this vivo pierces my ear... Maybe i will see this s-018... I'm following the duoza thread, willing to get those too lol

The XE800 are the same as the GR07BE. Same driver, and slightly different tuning, and the GR07BE sit in my goody box collecting dust because the highs are sibilant as heck. So I can understand your frustration with the XE800. Now the S-018 has some of the best mids and highs of any budget IEM I can think of, and no sibilance, so the highs have no peakiness.

Where you from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back