Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #46 of 283
Could someone please put here the procedure for Mod the S-018 ?
What effects can it cause ?

Thank U.

It opens up the sound, and thickens/tightens up the bass. Gives it a airier, smoother sound.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #47 of 283
It opens up the sound, and thickens/tightens up the bass. Gives it a airier, smoother sound.

I am not sure if vent port mod is what you meant. It is as follows
Yes! The mod is simple. There is the vent port under each bud. I used a thrill bit, sized 1/16 inches. I opened the port larger with it. I tried to do it slowly to blow out all the dust, debris.

Now, i am addicted to the sound.... :joy:.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #52 of 283

All what I get.

You need to refresh the page and quickly click on the "add to cart" or "shipping cost estimation" button so that you can proceed with the page. It worked for me. But not pretty sure if that was purely due to my slow internet that i'd be able to quickly click on the button.

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #54 of 283
I could not buy it. No chance to get it from Turkey. I really wonder.. It looks so sexy and successful.

It is both those things. Sorry to hear you couldn't get it to Turkey.

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #56 of 283

Has anyone here done the vent port mod together with T500 comply tips ? I m really in love with my S-018. It replaces my ATH-IM70.

I love it. Even though I have to pump more bass into the S-018 compare to my IM70, even though IM70 is with cable mod which has a microphone in it, I still keep it away. I enjoy too much of the modded S-018 to pick up my IM-70. Trust me, now I carry the IM-70 with me all the time and S-018. I crave for the S-018.

The one thing about the S-018 = you can pump the bass up, and it doesn't bleed or cover up any other ranges at all. How crazy is that for a small driver with less than 20$

Now why would a microphone so important to me...because I use it and listen to music VIA headphone jack from Z3 tablet compact, which is also a phone for me...so using S-018 I have to take out my tablet, and out it up closer to my chest so I can talk to people on the other phone...:D:D

To me personally, that is how crazy these little guys are.

FYI, I also had T500 on my IM70 both use the same size....filters removed as well....

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #60 of 283

Users who are viewing this thread

Back