soundmagic pl50 or klipsch s2,s3 or UE metrofi 170
Sep 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #16 of 22
i dont think PL50 is good for trance, but you can try, i loved mine for rock and other genres apart from bassheavy music. The detail, balance and comfort, also isolation is great on the PL50, i would recommend them

Thanks a lot for the input.
I think m fixed on this as its good in every aspect except for a bit of less bass.
As i mainly listen to alt.rock n classical piano, it shoudnt bother me listening to trance sometimes.
Does it require to be amped coz i'll be using it with my mobile?

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #17 of 22
no amp required, it only improves a bit amped (mainly the highs). By the way, when you were reading reviews, did you find mine?

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #18 of 22
no amp required, it only improves a bit amped (mainly the highs). By the way, when you were reading reviews, did you find mine?

Oh yeah..when i searched for reviews..yours was right on 1st page n i liked it. Its short, concise n to the point. Its great that you found the right gear for you ears.
Will post there once i buy mine but i hv to wait a week or so as its not in stock rt. now.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #19 of 22
ok thanks. Good luck, hope you enjoy them as much as me.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
PL50 SUCK! Take S2. I think you'll be more happy and save a little money

This is a pointless post. What is it about the PL-50 that you don't like?

They are great, and I think the OP would like them. Very light and comfortable - you forget you are wearing them. Great clarity and soundstage. Mine gave out, unfortunately, or else I would still be using them. If you can return them to a local store under warranty, even better. I had the earpieces give out on my second pair and they are no longer under warranty, so I am trying something else. I have the MEE A151s now and don't like the sound as much as the PL-50s. Brainwavz M2 are up next, on the way. If I had a local store where I could buy the PL-50, and return them without the hassle of shipping overseas, I would buy another pair in a heartbeat.

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #21 of 22
thanks everyone for the prompt response. so many good reviews have fixed me to pl-50s.

i went to the local store a day back & came to know that thrs some delay in the stock arriving n would be here by 1st week next month.
so to move on with something for the remaining days i bought the PL-30 & to my surprise they are simply outstanding for the price u pay. they are worth to be paid more. great iem..i like the bass..mids are warm & slightly forward..and highs are clear with good sparkle.
soundstage is good with some airy feel and nice instrument separation.
so i'll keep it for bass oriented geners and use pl-50 for alt.rock n classical.
m just wondering how amazing pl-50 would be as its better in clarity n detail overall considering i liked pl-30 a lot.
waiting to get my hands on it :)

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #22 of 22
the metro fis sound better after 50 hrs of burn in but before that all u can hear is boomy bass but after it seems to be softer. There isnt much voicing on them but they sound very good for its price ( i bought them for 17.50 when it was on sale) and they sound alot better when u dont use stock tips. 

Anyways im planning on getting the pl50 when my monster jamz die again. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back