Soundmagic PL50 impressions+appreciation thread
Sep 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #151 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't need the mic there's also the NE-6
wink.gif

Haven seen much review about ne-6
tongue_smile.gif

I've decided on pl50 and for some reason the devil on my shoulder is telling me to get nuforce ne-7m instead. oh well, we shall see how it goes.
regular_smile .gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #152 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by legend24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven seen much review about ne-6
tongue_smile.gif

I've decided on pl50 and for some reason the devil on my shoulder is telling me to get nuforce ne-7m instead. oh well, we shall see how it goes.
regular_smile .gif

I think the NE-7M's look okay, but in blue the NE-6 looks amazing! Too bad I'm not planning on spending any more cash on IEM's before my PL50's are EOL.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #153 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the NE-7M's look okay, but in blue the NE-6 looks amazing! Too bad I'm not planning on spending any more cash on IEM's before my PL50's are EOL.

Good mentality!! same algorithm used for my other products as well, shoes, TV, laptop. Lolx
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #154 of 214
I'm still not sure what to get at DealPerfect. The E5 looks appealing, but ClieOS, mark and others mentioned that amping them didn't really make that much of a difference. Also, my PL50's already hiss a bit on my Fuze when no music is playing, I reckon this will get worse if I add the E5.

What do you guys think? E5 or the FiiO WalkBox?

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #155 of 214
I just got my PL50 and E5, there is definitely a difference with and without the amp, not a huge difference, but a difference nonetheless. The E5 lets you boost the bass, which for me is a good thing, because PL50 had less bass than I expected. I wouldn't have liked PL50 as much if I didn't hook it up with the E5.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #156 of 214
I had a chance to compare the PL50s to the Ultimate Ears super.fi 4 vi

The UE were sounding way better at lower volumes. I really had to crank the volume to match the output of the UE4.

Other then that, both two very different sounding in-ears. Not sure I could say one is totally better then the other but they are both very different.

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #157 of 214
I finally decide to pull the trigger and the DealPerfect website has a problem with purchasing! (No "add to cart" option and a message comes up when you click "my cart" that they are having a problem).
mad.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #158 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally decide to pull the trigger and the DealPerfect website has a problem with purchasing! (No "add to cart" option and a message comes up when you click "my cart" that they are having a problem).
mad.gif

PayPal had stopped supporting DealPerfect because they sold hazardous objects, like knifes. They will only get PayPal support back if they remove those items and they probably will have to pay a small fine as well.

I've decided to get the E5 and see what it does to my combo. Should it hiss too much or not make a noticable difference, I can always sell it.

Sep 15, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #160 of 214
Sep 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #161 of 214
after doing my periodic head phone search, decided to consider 2 iems with the pl50 or RE0 and need a little help on those who have heard and worn both. First off the best sound headphone for me was the ety er4p/s, but deeply uncomfortable to wear. Not a massive fan of heavy mid like you find with cheap shure though the E3 or 4 (can't remember which one I owned) was pretty good in balance (though they fell apart which was a bit shocking). I currently use a nice cheap cx300 and they are really comfortable to wear for a long time so something that gives similar comfort would be great.

Any views based on this criteria would be great. As the pl30 are cheap adn would be tax free (unlike the 2 mentioned) I could pick a pair up as an additional to meet the comfort criteria, if a less comfortable pair would suit my criteria.

Oh music wise, lots of acoustic, some classical (modern nyman, gorecki), radiohead, older stuff like the beatles, stones.

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #162 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by wordsworth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after doing my periodic head phone search, decided to consider 2 iems with the pl50 or RE0 and need a little help on those who have heard and worn both. First off the best sound headphone for me was the ety er4p/s, but deeply uncomfortable to wear. Not a massive fan of heavy mid like you find with cheap shure though the E3 or 4 (can't remember which one I owned) was pretty good in balance (though they fell apart which was a bit shocking). I currently use a nice cheap cx300 and they are really comfortable to wear for a long time so something that gives similar comfort would be great.

Any views based on this criteria would be great. As the pl30 are cheap adn would be tax free (unlike the 2 mentioned) I could pick a pair up as an additional to meet the comfort criteria, if a less comfortable pair would suit my criteria.

Oh music wise, lots of acoustic, some classical (modern nyman, gorecki), radiohead, older stuff like the beatles, stones.

Check out chinesekiwi's PL50 review...

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #163 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by wordsworth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I've owned/tried every IEM you've mentioned and it really sounds to me like you'd enjoy the RE0 more. It is the only IEM I've tried that can hold its own against the ER-4P/S detail-wise and it has a very neutral/balanced sig. However, if you found the Shure E4 balanced, then you will be pleasantly surprised by the highs the RE0 puts out. They work great with acoustic and classic rock, too - easily my favourite IEM for the genres.

Comfort-wise I am in the group that finds them perfectly comfortable for prolonged use. They are pretty small straight-barrel IEMs, similar to your CX300s, so you shouldn't have a problem. Yes, the PL50/PL30 are more comfortable (probably the only area where they surpass the RE0), but I can wear either for hours.

Sep 18, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #164 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I've owned/tried every IEM you've mentioned and it really sounds to me like you'd enjoy the RE0 more. It is the only IEM I've tried that can hold its own against the ER-4P/S detail-wise and it has a very neutral/balanced sig. However, if you found the Shure E4 balanced, then you will be pleasantly surprised by the highs the RE0 puts out. They work great with acoustic and classic rock, too - easily my favourite IEM for the genres.

Comfort-wise I am in the group that finds them perfectly comfortable for prolonged use. They are pretty small straight-barrel IEMs, similar to your CX300s, so you shouldn't have a problem. Yes, the PL50/PL30 are more comfortable (probably the only area where they surpass the RE0), but I can wear either for hours.

Awesome thanks ljokerl. I suspected this was true reading some of the reviews. I have bought the PL30 as they only cost £13 so it was a no brainer and the Fiio E5 as it is only £10 which is stupidly cheap for a amp even if it isn't that great. So I will probably order the RE0 as the ety's a missing one earpiece which would cost over $100 including tax to replace and the shures just fell to pieces (never buying them again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back