Soundmagic PL50 impressions+appreciation thread
Aug 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #17 of 214
I have auditioned the IE8 for a short session, but didn't compare it to any other IEM.

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #19 of 214
PL50 has arrived in my case. Very tiny like PL30 and they got pretty nice cable upgrade from earlier models. Well time for some small burn-in before going some A-B comparisons.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #23 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else think they are freekishly small?

Thumbs up for that!

Anyway, my PL50 should be here by Monday, maybe Tuesday.
My experience with headphones is really minimal, I only have Sony EX51 (decent for the price) but Ill post my impressions as well, till then a little quetion.
Do you think these would do a good job with heavy metal?
Even tho I listen to other genres too, heavy metal is the most important for me.
Oh and I hope these are good with iPhone 3G as this is the only source I have.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #24 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is where you'll pay for the 30 days refund, 90 days replacement policy and the customer service from a reputable dealer whenever you need it for warranty
icon10.gif

90 days isn't much of a warranty nowdays, but it would at least be something if one could actually get through to Head-Direct. In my experience they answer simple questions very quickly, but my request for a warranty replacement on my RE0s has been ignored twice in two weeks.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #25 of 214
Will DealPerfect send an e-mail with tracking number when they ship your order? I had not yet made an account on their website when I ordered the PL50. It's been 4 days now, and I haven't received any mail from them whatsoever. Should I just be patient?

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #26 of 214
I got mine 2 days ago, and only had about ten minutes to play with them. I can tell they are going to sound great, but I could not get a good fit yet, due to their tiny size.
Any tips (excuse the pun) on how to fit them? I briefly tried most of the supplied tips, but I did not try the cable guides yet. I have tried both cable up and down. Does anybody use third party tips with them (comply, sony, etymotic)?
I'll report back once I get them to seal properly. I can't wait to use them to their full potential.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #27 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine 2 days ago, and only had about ten minutes to play with them. I can tell they are going to sound great, but I could not get a good fit yet, due to their tiny size.
Any tips (excuse the pun) on how to fit them? I briefly tried most of the supplied tips, but I did not try the cable guides yet. I have tried both cable up and down. Does anybody use third party tips with them (comply, sony, etymotic)?
I'll report back once I get them to seal properly. I can't wait to use them to their full potential.

Using Sony Hybrids with them right now. The hybrids seal well, as always, but I haven't observed their effects on sound yet.

Also, is it just me, or is getting tips (especially the foam ones) off these a huge pain in the ***? I already de-cored one pair of the included foamies doing this
frown.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #28 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, is it just me, or is getting tips (especially the foam ones) off these a huge pain in the ***? I already de-cored one pair of the included foamies doing this
frown.gif

x2. I de-cored the default foamies while trying to remove them. From the looks of the other included tips I decided they wouldn't fit me anyway, so didn't even bother to get the foamie-stems off the nozzles. I just stuffed the de-cored foamies into some UE tips and put these back on - great fit and seal!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #29 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

lol... x2 here,i thought they put glue on them but am not complaining*no pain no gain* as i find the atrio m5 double flanges works wonder on this baby its like switching on a bass boost.wow..these thing rawkssss.best buy ever!!

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #30 of 214
A follow-up to my post here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...2/index13.html

I too found the stupidity with the tight fitting of the foamies. Uh-huh

That annoyance aside I have to agree with posts here. Once I had adjusted down from the UM2 I have to say that I am finding this one very interesting headphone

SoundMagic have arrived

Users who are viewing this thread

Back