Soundmagic PL30 vs. Brainwavz ProAlpha vs. MEelectronics M series
Feb 24, 2011 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

earphonenoobie

New Head-Fier
They are all around the same priceand i have found the soundmagic and brainwavz for £14 on mp4nation.
I am from UK and have read the big post of iem review by joker. 
I am new and these will be my first headphones, i listen to rock, indie, anything along those lines.

As i live in uk it seems from that multi iem review post that my best options for around £20 are those in the title.
Would you agree? Are there any others, maybe Xears?

Also, has anyone tried any of the meelectectronics with microphone on a zte blade, do earphones work with it?

Finally, is this worth a punt?

http://www.advancedheadphones.co.uk/shop/In_Ear.1/MEElectronics.412/MWHAT/MWHAT__Surprise_Set_of_MEElectonics_Headphones_up_to_the_value__59.99.12648.html

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
They are all around the same priceand i have found the soundmagic and brainwavz for £14 on mp4nation.
I am from UK and have read the big post of iem review by joker. 
I am new and these will be my first headphones, i listen to rock, indie, anything along those lines.

As i live in uk it seems from that multi iem review post that my best options for around £20 are those in the title.
Would you agree? Are there any others, maybe Xears?

Also, has anyone tried any of the meelectectronics with microphone on a zte blade, do earphones work with it?

Finally, is this worth a punt?

http://www.advancedheadphones.co.uk/shop/In_Ear.1/MEElectronics.412/MWHAT/MWHAT__Surprise_Set_of_MEElectonics_Headphones_up_to_the_value__59.99.12648.html

Which Meelectronics M-series are you considering? There's seven models (not counting the P versions) and they all sound different. I like the ProAlpha better than any of the M-series model but not as much as the new clarity-series Meelecs. The Xears Bullet (XB120Pro) is a good option as well but only if you are careful with your earphones - Meelec & Brainwavz build quality is still leagues above that of the Xears.

As it happens, I have a ZTE Blade and can (sadly) confirm that standard iPhone headsets will not work. However, if you want to buy your earphones directly from Meelec, you can ask if they have any non-apple smartphone adapters in stock. Those should (in theory) make the mic'd models compatible with the Blade.

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 3
ZTE Blade and earphones = a ton of hiss when music gets quiet. I hear it is because of the grounding and the socket they use and you will need an adapter to stop the hiss.

I find the PL30s are just mehh. Nothing seems to stand out with them for me, though the sheer amount of accessories you get with them makes them worth it.

If the ProAlphas sound like the Alphas but improved, I'd go with the ProAlphas.

Xears and Meelec I have not heard so cant comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back