SoundMAGIC PL30 Adjustable Bass Earphones
Aug 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #181 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikoz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw, someone here said that the PL30 are very source sensitive and the sound may differ depending on the sound source.
What do you guys use when testing new earphones?

I think what was meant by that is that the PL30s can really take on the characteristics of the source/amp (cables, too, if you believe in that) that you are using quite easily. Low-quality tracks can be distinguished quite easily on them.

This isn't to say that the PL30s are sensitive in the literal sense - they may be the most forgiving IEMs that I own, so I am not sure what you're asking with that last question there.

Aug 3, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #182 of 232
I guess i just want to ask how you test your earphones, if you use some special equipment for testing.

Its first time for me to spend more than 59usd on earphones so i dont know what to expect. Im very new to this topic and i have alot to explore.

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #184 of 232
They may sound good for their price, but I really don't like the way they are looking. The colors, the materials reminds me of some cheap and not long-lasting chinese electronics.

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #185 of 232
Sorry to say this but almost all electronics by big companies are produced in China. Maybe by Chinese companies, wholesale fake aren't good, but nowadays we've seen many companies from China have good products. Yuin is one of them. Best ear-buds in the world.

PL30 vs PortaPro, SQ only, which one's got better ?

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #186 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PL30 vs PortaPro, SQ only, which one's got better ?

Not really a fair comparison since one's an IEM and one's a headphone. If isolation is not a concern the portas are likely more enjoyable. Signature-wise I prefer the PL30s.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #187 of 232
Talking 'bout clarity and balance.
By the way, bass ? ( I dunno, maybe should not compare about this due to type of phones ) Portapro's bass is overpowering, too muddy. 'Bout PL30 ?

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #188 of 232
Quote:

Talking 'bout clarity and balance.

PL30 on both counts for me.

Quote:

By the way, bass ? ( I dunno, maybe should not compare about this due to type of phones ) Portapro's bass is overpowering, too muddy. 'Bout PL30 ?

Much more impact with PortaPros but the PL30s provide a very tight and pleasant bass punch. Definitely not for bassheads but if you're looking for tame and complementary to the overall sound, they deliver.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #190 of 232
Quote:

Sorry to say this but almost all electronics by big companies are produced in China.

That's right but I meant that I had a bad experience with cheap chinese electronics which kinda reminds me of these headphones because of their colors. Of course there are many good stuff made in China, like you mentioned, just like my Sony DAP.

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #191 of 232
Since I've just joined the PL30 club, I want to give a heads up to European buyers.
I've found them yesterday on Ebay.co.uk at basically the same price as Focalprice or MP4Nation (17.99 GBP - free shipping)
Difference is ... they ship from UK !
smile.gif
(they should arrive within a week)
This is the Ebay auction

Judging from seller's feedback and 21 previous buyers, the item looks OK and legit.
There is a difference though in packaging (the box is different from what I've seen here and on other websites).
Some input from the owners is welcome.

Hopefully I'll be able to give a thumbs up review by the week-end, on both the purchase and the Soundmagic themselves.

Jan 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #192 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a difference though in packaging (the box is different from what I've seen here and on other websites).

The packaging looks the same as the black PL30 that I received from Head-Direct. What you've seen previously may be the grey PL30's packaging. I ordered both the black and grey versions from Head-Direct and was surprised to see that they each come in very different packaging.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #194 of 232
Hi! Pl30 is cheaper than you think!
wink.gif

Go to focalprice.com, find there Pl30 (any color), add them to shopping cart. Go to shopping cart, enter text FCS2M25OFF in field "Any coupon", press Apply. Voila! Order SoundMagic Pl30 for only 18$.
Good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #195 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some input from the owners is welcome.

Hopefully I'll be able to give a thumbs up review by the week-end, on both the purchase and the Soundmagic themselves.

Ah right. There are two different packaging. One is in the rectangle shaped box, tips are small plastic bags. One is in square shaped orange box with transparent windows to see what is inside, and tips are held by knobs on the plastic holding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back