SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Sep 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #256 of 371
Just ordered myself a pair of these, both my KSC75's have developed faults in the right channel. Got them from mp4nation for a shade over $51 with the 10% code (thanks, guys). Looking forward to getting the,.

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #260 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hrmm maybe I should pick one up with the E5 combo hrmmm...

My PL50s match up very well with my BB2.02. I bet they would do the same with a PA2V2. After using your E5 for a few days, start saving your change to get another amp that's more beefy than the E5. I bet you'll want to...

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #261 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered myself a pair of these, both my KSC75's have developed faults in the right channel. Got them from mp4nation for a shade over $51 with the 10% code (thanks, guys). Looking forward to getting the,.

Has anyone gotten these from mp4nation yet??

I ordered mine on 9/24. My account page on mp4nation says it was "mailed out" on 9/28/09 and gives a tracking number for Hong Kong post, which hasn't worked until recently. Now on the Hongkong post site it says "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 28-Oct-2009" !!

So it looks like it took over a month from the time I ordered it just to send it out. Is this normal?

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #262 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it looks like it took over a month from the time I ordered it just to send it out. Is this normal?

Well, it's not normal in the sense that it's a reasonable time frame, but for mp4nation that shipping time is not unheard of.

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #263 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How it happened for me. Half an hour after I fired off an email to mp4nation the postman knocked at the door with the package in his hands. I then sent another email saying they'd arrived.

Been running these with music for a day now and although the sound is very clear at low levels it's not that full (no 'welly' to it) and if I try and bump up the mid/bass it sounds like distortion is creeping in. I'm using the standard foam tips as none of the other single flange eartips seem to fit me though there were a pair of double flange earpieces included in a separate bag, but the hole is too large for the nozzle. Haven't tried the PL50's with my Mini3 or Fiio E5 as both batteries had run down. People here say the E5 makes a good difference to sound.

So is this 'lean' sound what I should expect from the PL50? I'm not that grabbed (like I was with the Koss KSC75s when I first heard them).

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #264 of 371
Quote:

How it happened for me. Half an hour after I fired off an email to mp4nation the postman knocked at the door with the package in his hands. I then sent another email saying they'd arrived.

How long did it take from when you ordered to when they arrived?

So far it's been over a month and it looks like they just got mailed out from HK yesterday. I'm wondering if it's going to take another 2 weeks to get to DC!

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #266 of 371
Ordered 27th Sept
Mailed out 7th October
At my door (UK) 28th October
Also, the tracking number wasn't recognised by either of the UK's two main postal services (that are linked to from HKPost website), I thought these had gone missing en route.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #268 of 371
Quote:

Ordered 27th Sept
Mailed out 7th October
At my door (UK) 28th October
Also, the tracking number wasn't recognised by either of the UK's two main postal services (that are linked to from HKPost website), I thought these had gone missing en route.

So this is the "mailed out" date listed on your mp4nation account? If so, maybe I'll get mine soon. (As I mentioned above the "mailed out" date on my mp4nation account is about a month earlier than the item is listed as "leaving Hongkong" on the Hongkong post site.)

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #269 of 371
I got my PL50 today. I have trouble with getting them to fit good though. The problem is that I am unable to get a good seal with any of the different sized silicone tips. The sound is really thinny and they aren't that comfortable either. Before these, I used a pair of CX300, and with those there was no problem for me to get a good seal.
Is there any secret trick with the PL50's to get them to fit good? Am I supposed to put the silicone tips all the way down the nozzle, or just half the way?
With the foam tips that was on them they sound decent, but I would prefer to use the silicone tips. I only got one pair of foam tips and some strange bi-flanges that are too big to fit the PL50's nozzle..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back