SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Aug 25, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #227 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by joephe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys, got it off but it's a shame the foam tips are now ruined, the stock size fit my ears better than the other two.

Soundmagic has promised proper-size replacement foam tips for anyone who got the PL50s of that particular batch. Check the appreciation thread here for updates.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #228 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soundmagic has promised proper-size replacement foam tips for anyone who got the PL50s of that particular batch. Check the appreciation thread here for updates.

I noticed mine just shipped from DealPerfect - I wonder if I will get the proper replacement tips. I also wonder how long my order will take !
beyersmile.png

Aug 30, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #230 of 371
PL30 is a dynamic driver phone. PL50 is a single balanced armature. Both are very good phones, very detailed sound, but different presentations. I like both. Try dealperfect or mp4nation... soundmagic is controlling the retail price fairly closely.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #232 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon_N_Cheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you explain how their presentation is different? Thanks

The PL30 is quite forward in the midrange, the sound signature most people refer to as "fun". The PL50 is much more laid back all across the range. It's quite balanced, so nothing particularly stands out. Some people may even call them recessed, which I don't think they are. Just very relaxed.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #233 of 371
Well, I've contacted DealPerfect about those free foam tip replacements *again*. I know DealPerfect can't provide new pairs as long as they don't receive them from SoundMAGIC, but I'm kind of tired of waiting. It's been almost three weeks now since I decored and destroyed the medium foam tips and I still have no info whatsoever about replacements.

I will reply again in one of the active PL50 threads when I get a response.

Aug 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #234 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PL30 is quite forward in the midrange, the sound signature most people refer to as "fun". The PL50 is much more laid back all across the range. It's quite balanced, so nothing particularly stands out. Some people may even call them recessed, which I don't think they are. Just very relaxed.

ah thanks, pl30 it is then

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #236 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by mglak51jk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone compare the PL-50 with the ADDIEM's?
Thanks.

Not a direct one-to-one comparison, but if you click on the link in my signature to my Multiple IEM shootout v2 thread, you can find them both.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #237 of 371
Hello everyone!
Just got the newsletter from great-sounds.com said the PL50 is available now!

The price is $60 with free shipping, what do u guys think???
Spec and price here:
Great-Sounds.com

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #239 of 371
the PL50's are now available to order through mp4nation as well (shipping soon). $57.38 shipped. product page

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #240 of 371
Hello forum,

I decided to take the plunge into the world of IEMs by starting with the PL50s because they were not too expensive, and I thought it would be a good way to find out if I liked how they felt in my ears. I order them from Dealperfect, and 2 weeks later they arrived.

I really liked the sound, but the medum foam tips fitted as standard kept slipping out of my ears. But as indicated in this thread, they are so very very firmly attached and not easily removeable. I asked Dealperfect for their advice and they said to remove the foam tip and that they would replace them if they broke; I clarified twice that I was worried about the whole unit breaking, but they said go ahead. And unfortunately, despite being rather careful, the left IEM did infact come apart, and now no longer works, so gluing it back together isn't an option for me.

Dealperfect is talking to the manufacturer about whether they can replace the unit for me. Fingers crossed.

I'm pretty disappointed all-in-all, mainly because the sound from the IEM is great, its just a pity about a few build issues.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back