SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Aug 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #211 of 371
I don't run with them myself but with the way that they fit in my ears and with the rubber over the ear cable guides that come with them, i would think that they would work very well for running.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #213 of 371
I used to run with the PL30s on occasion and they work great. I think if you want the PL50s for $50-$55 shipped you'll have to wait weeks. I ordered mine from lionking735 on ebay with express shipping (currently $50+16) and got them in four days shipped to California.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #214 of 371
Still waiting for DealPerfect to receive those improved foamies.

In the meantime, I managed to find out that the silicone tips just don't work for me. M is a tad too small and only seals if I press it in very far. L is too big, hurts my right ear and falls out easily.

I've been looking at the Sony hybrids, but I'm not going to spend 9 euros on one pair of tips, as I will only use either the M or L sizes. I can't seem to find any other tips that fit the PL50 and are available at reasonable prices. Could anyone help me out with this?

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #215 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still waiting for DealPerfect to receive those improved foamies.

In the meantime, I managed to find out that the silicone tips just don't work for me. M is a tad too small and only seals if I press it in very far. L is too big, hurts my right ear and falls out easily.

I've been looking at the Sony hybrids, but I'm not going to spend 9 euros on one pair of tips, as I will only use either the M or L sizes. I can't seem to find any other tips that fit the PL50 and are available at reasonable prices. Could anyone help me out with this?

What size Sony hybrid do you think will fit your ears?

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #216 of 371
Man I'm so excited. My tracking number says it's "Item out for delivery".
smily_headphones1.gif
So should be here today.

Errrr where are you getting at Judge Buff? Perhaps an exchange or you'll sell the tips that you don't need? Because if you are, I'm really interested in extra small and small tips.
smily_headphones1.gif
Even if the message wasn't intended for me... XD

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #217 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What size Sony hybrid do you think will fit your ears?

I really can't say. If Sony Hybrids are wider than the SoundMAGIC tips, I guess medium would be best. But if they are about the same in width and size, I think large would be better. I do feel that the large tips sit more firmly in my ears, but they do occassionally hurt my ears if I put them in. I would have to try them out, but as I said, I'm not really willing to pay that much for it.

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #218 of 371
Woops, just got them in the mail maybe 15 minutes ago. Errr not sure if mine is second batch, I managed to take the foams out without decoring them, but it was hardly an easy task, lots of squeezing, gripping and pulling, don't want to do that again...

Few things:
1. I hope burn in helps because I hate sibilance and I hear some
frown.gif

2. These things are really comfortable. I know you guys said it was small and all, but I mean I didn't expect em to be THIS small. It feels like nothing is in your ear at all.
3. Still trying to decide between silicone tip or foamies, they both fit great...
4. Still gotta try out these ear hook things....

I'm pretty happy with this purchase already, they sound great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #220 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man I'm so excited. My tracking number says it's "Item out for delivery".
smily_headphones1.gif
So should be here today.

Errrr where are you getting at Judge Buff? Perhaps an exchange or you'll sell the tips that you don't need? Because if you are, I'm really interested in extra small and small tips.
smily_headphones1.gif
Even if the message wasn't intended for me... XD

I have some hybrid tips around here somewhere, both small and large. I only use the med tips. Problem is that I can't find them at the moment. If my wife hasn't tossed them out, and I do find them, I'll pm both you and Belabor. Y'all can have them for the postage and you won't have to pay (by PayPal) until you try them.

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #221 of 371
Thanks, I really appreciate it JB

Adding to the thread, I never realized tips made such a huge difference. For this song I listen to, there's quite a bit of sibilance with the silicone tips, but it almost disappears with foamies.
smily_headphones1.gif
Although silicone makes everything else sound a bit clearer (I know there are probably better terms), it's pretty cool because I never heard the difference before.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #222 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some hybrid tips around here somewhere, both small and large. I only use the med tips. Problem is that I can't find them at the moment. If my wife hasn't tossed them out, and I do find them, I'll pm both you and Belabor. Y'all can have them for the postage and you won't have to pay (by PayPal) until you try them.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.
My main concern is seal, and I don't feel like neither the large nor the medium SoundMAGIC tip gives me anything like that. It all sounds good when I first put them in and don't move my head afterwards, but if I do move or stand up, the seal is easily lost.

I really have no idea how much difference Sony hybrids will make, but if you are willing to give me an oppurtunity to try them out, I will make good use of it.
wink_face.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #223 of 371
So i got a pair of these today, managed to get the foam tips off eventually (who's idea was it to glue them on?) but the silicone tips simply don't fit. There seems to be something surrounding the earpiece which makes it too large for the silicone tip to fit around. I've tried to remove it with no luck. Any ideas?

Here's a picture of mine (top) compared with the picure in the OP.

PL50x11.jpg

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #224 of 371
Looks like you decored your foamies. They didn't glue it on, but they glued the foam onto a piece of rubber tubing. Supposedly the tubing should have came off WITH the foamies. But if you just cut it off, it should be okay since you've already destroyed the foam tips. THEN the silicone tip should fit.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #225 of 371
Yep, the inner core of the foam tips is still there. Carefully cut it off and you should see the same nozzle as that in ClieOS's pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back