SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Jul 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #166 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure if I want to get this the C1/C2 or S2.

Yes... you've said that several times now and started a separate thread about it.

Jul 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #167 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't call the PL30s colored, but they definitely aren't neutral. The midrange is quite forward and the overall sound sig is very "fun"

X2
Quote:

Originally Posted by WCUCEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why couldn't i have found this thread yesterday ?! I had the same problem of following the link and getting nothing but "this item is no longer listed"
mad.gif

I know how it feels. We don’t know what happened. It could be due the price was too low. Better keep your eyes open and see if they maybe list them again.

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #169 of 371
wow lucky mee, I still have the PL50's in my cart for $38
icon10.gif

I'm looking for something with bass right now, does anyone know if there are fake soundmagic's out there? I'm tempted to get the PL11's but I'm scared they will be fake (from focalprice)

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #170 of 371
So i got curious as to whether Focalprice was goign to get any more PL-50s in stock so i asked. Here's how it went:

FocalPrice Service said: [22:07:54]
May I help you?
you said: [22:08:55]
Yes i was wondering if you were going to be getting any more SoundMAGIC PL-50 earbuds in any time soon ?

FocalPrice Service said: [22:09:46]
not .cause we sell too cheap and the supplier complain us .
you said: [22:10:03]
oh, ok thank you

FocalPrice Service said: [22:10:05]
They wonnot supply them to us ,unless we make the price much higher
you said: [22:10:42]
do you happen to know how much you would charge if you did get them back in stock ?

FocalPrice Service said: [22:11:52]
Not sure at this momnent, the supplier wonnot supply to us , they ask us sell as the same as other site
you said: [22:12:05]
alright thanks

frown.gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #172 of 371
Guess FP's plan to undercut everyone else backfired
tongue.gif
I wonder, does FP actually make any money on individual sell or they just hope that the volume alone will prevail?

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #175 of 371
Quote:

So i got curious as to whether Focalprice was goign to get any more PL-50s in stock so i asked. Here's how it went:

May I help you?
Yes i was wondering if you were going to be getting any more SoundMAGIC PL-50 earbuds in any time soon ?

oh, ok thank you

do you happen to know how much you would charge if you did get them back in stock ?

Not sure at this momnent, the supplier wonnot supply to us , they ask us sell as the same as other site
alright thanks

frown.gif

Is it just me, or is that the stupidest thing you ever heard..? presumably SM sell to each retailer at the same price, so if one retailer makes a smaller profit by selling them cheaper, how could that affect SM? Yet they don't seem to have a problem when certain UK sites sell them way above their retail price?

Oh well, whatever... I'm just gonna save the extra dosh and buy some RE0s, unless head-direct or someone gets these in soon...

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #177 of 371
Quote:

May I help you?
oh, ok thank you
alright thanks

frown.gif

Thanks
I've also read another place that SoundMAGIC should have a very strike price control on PL50. I simply don't understand why FocalPrice could end up with only 38 $. Too good to be true for more than 24 h.
Anyway I think I were damn lucky too. Glad I did bought two for safety.
biggrin.gif
Opposite it also an good example that SoundMAGIC really take care of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgg123321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow lucky mee, I still have the PL50's in my cart for $38
icon10.gif

I'm looking for something with bass right now, does anyone know if there are fake soundmagic's out there? I'm tempted to get the PL11's but I'm scared they will be fake (from focalprice)

Thanks!

There are no fake SoundMAGIC's what I know about. All mine (from Focalprice) was genuine so why not PL11 too. Go for them.
SoundMAGIC is a company that IMO more taking designs from other brands like CrossRoads MylarOne series. It is a little bit fake already.

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #178 of 371
Business is not about earning money in short term, so company has to take care of all their dealers to make sure they all get at least a fair share of the profit and the company with their dealer as whole can grow.

How would anyone want to buy from an U.S. dealer for $55 if you can get it cheaper from H.K.? Eventually, no one in U.S. want to be SoundMAGIC's dealers anymore as they don't make enough money. Remember: U.S. dealers already have higher cost of operation (shipping, import tax, etc) compare to H.K. dealer, if SM doesn't at least try to level the play field, those dealers will suffer.

It is an issue every company faces as they grow - in long term, both the company and the dealers will benefit, and in many cases, the customers might benefit from the healthier business network as well.

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #179 of 371
What you say is true CleiOS, very true, but IMO thats simply not how our 'free market' minds are trained to work. Unregulated competition brings down prices: if USA business' aren't able to offer competitive deals, they need to find an advantage (ie super fast shipping perhaps?) or just suck it up. If Wallmart sells a pair of Sennheisers cheaper than 9th Ave Electronics, Sennheiser don't stop stocking Wallmart...

Anyway sorry I'm getting way of topic here, I used to study Sociology at uni
L3000.gif

Still, lets just hope retailers get these suckers in soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back