SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Jul 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #121 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read in another pl-50 thread that a couple of weeks ago focalprice estimated they will have pl-50 by July 23. So this is right on time.

X2
Asking them twice does not hurt much anyway. Like to know what they say.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #124 of 371
Until focalprice replies, I would assume they are fake. FocalPrice does have a lot of fake stuff, and they make sure they don't claim they are genuine. So personally I would avoid getting them.

They would also have replied to the forum thread with the request of PL50's with a link to the new product, but they haven't, which again suggests that this is fake.

I'm not sure why anyone would email Soundmagic regarding this. Soundmagic can't tell if these are real or fake, they can only tell whether focalprice is a retailer or not I would assume since none of us can tell the difference with just the pictures. I'm emailing focalprice. If it is a fake, they won't hesitate to reply stating that it is a fake. I'll post again when they reply.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #125 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are we assuming they are fakes then on that site?

Personally, I'm not assuming anything, but I'd like some assurance that they are legit, especially since the brand/model is not mentioned anywhere in the listing. It does seem unlikely that someone would have fakes of model that has barely been released yet from a relatively unknown company though.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #126 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Until focalprice replies, I would assume they are fake. FocalPrice does have a lot of fake stuff, and they make sure they don't claim they are genuine. So personally I would avoid getting them.

They would also have replied to the forum thread with the request of PL50's with a link to the new product, but they haven't, which again suggests that this is fake.

I'm not sure why anyone would email Soundmagic regarding this. Soundmagic can't tell if these are real or fake, they can only tell whether focalprice is a retailer or not I would assume since none of us can tell the difference with just the pictures. I'm emailing focalprice. If it is a fake, they won't hesitate to reply stating that it is a fake. I'll post again when they reply.

Surprising, but good to know if that is indeed the case. Still don't understand how they can get away with selling forgeries. Another red flag for me is, how can this place get them before anyone else? Where is this site based?

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #127 of 371
The site is based in Shenzhen I believe since all the packages I order from them are from Shenzhen China.

The reason I said that they won't hesitate to state that it is a fake is because I've bought quite a lot of stuff from them before, the DS games, they told me were fake, a few of the memory cards, fake. No hesitation, a bit of spin, but they don't deny it. XD

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #129 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Genuine PL50's up on ebay, if anyone is interested:

Here and here.

Right, 'cause no one on eBay sells fake earphones.
wink_face.gif

Just kidding, I am sure they are just fine, but I just couldn't resist.

Good find |joker|

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #130 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, 'cause no one on eBay sells fake earphones.
wink_face.gif

Just kidding, I am sure they are just fine, but I just couldn't resist.

Good find |joker|

^
k701smile.gif
I'd normally be wary as well, but I've dealt with this guy before and he shipped my pair before I sent payment (and offered to wait until it arrived before billing me).

Jul 30, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #132 of 371
For whatever it's worth, here is my transcript from the live chat with focalprice:

Quote:

FocalPrice Service said: [22:31:53]
May I help you?
you said: [22:32:29]
I have a question a bout item SKU: EP142B
FocalPrice Service said: [22:32:39]
ok
you said: [22:32:50]
are they made by soundmagic? are they the pl50 model?
FocalPrice Service said: [22:33:09]
yes
you said: [22:33:19]
thank you!
FocalPrice Service said: [22:33:26]
welcome

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #135 of 371
^
Me2, I still dont know which ones to buy pl50 or 7m, but because the pl50 are cheaper (and im tight on money right now) i'll get them first, and also because i cant find a place to buy the 7m (can any1 tell me on PM where can i find these?)

worst case im selling the pl50, I should easily sell these for the same price i bought them here.

I got answer from them too, so Im ordering mine right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back