SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Jul 29, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #106 of 371
Man this seems like it might a perfect phone for me as the review made it sound kind of balanced, and it has hooks, which is a nice bonus. I want to be sure but, I take it these are not out yet? And at $55-60 that seems like a good deal.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #107 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man this seems like it might a perfect phone for me as the review made it sound kind of balanced, and it has hooks, which is a nice bonus. I want to be sure but, I take it these are not out yet? And at $55-60 that seems like a good deal.

They are out, but not available outside of asia at reasonable prices yet. Check back in a few days
wink_face.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #109 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many is a few days? 6? If they cost under 55 I will probably get them over the RE0 and use some custom tips.

I've been quoted $65. I don't know what custom tips you intend to use, but the PL30s/PL50s come with some nice foamies that I find quite comfortable (I use these on RE0s as well).

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #113 of 371
Hm... check out on focalprice, they got some pl50 like earphones there for 38$.
I think u should contact soundmagic and ask them about these.
well, i guess these are not real, description says generic.
Pretty crazy tho how fast those knockoffs comes out.

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #114 of 371
I think (hope) the ones on focalprice are not fake. Focalprice has been selling real soundmagic products, and it's hard to believe someone will want to knock off soudnmagic. Maybe they list them as generic, since they are selling them way below soundmgaic's MSRP of $55.

The $38 price tag is good, but not too good to be true. I ordered a pair earlier today.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #118 of 371
I just happened to see this thread today: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...30/index2.html

If u look at the picture theres a box, but read one of the posts there and the guy say it came with no box, so i think we shouldn't take the images for a fact.

Just like the other thread its really hard to tell whether these are real or not.
Theres no brand name in the product description, no model, it says generic... why would you do that if u sell genuine product?
But they do sell other genuine soundmagic products... Im on the edge of ordering but still little afraid.
I sent them a question about this, i hope they will respond.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #119 of 371
I read in another pl-50 thread that a couple of weeks ago focalprice estimated they will have pl-50 by July 23. So this is right on time.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #120 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by yossi_s1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just happened to see this thread today: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...30/index2.html

If u look at the picture theres a box, but read one of the posts there and the guy say it came with no box, so i think we shouldn't take the images for a fact.

Just like the other thread its really hard to tell whether these are real or not.
Theres no brand name in the product description, no model, it says generic... why would you do that if u sell genuine product?
But they do sell other genuine soundmagic products... Im on the edge of ordering but still little afraid.
I sent them a question about this, i hope they will respond.

I sent an email, but not holding breath for reply. I am tempted to order also but that AT thread makes me nervous. How can they get away with selling fakes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back