SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Jul 1, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #76 of 371
pl-50
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #77 of 371
well grrrr bad fedex not leaving a card but yey for pretty neighbour. just got my hands on these 10 min ago and 2 things.

1 omg they are so teeny tiny

2 omg i so like these. ive had the um3x in all day and they have to be the least fin things ever while these are just mkaing me smile and oh i rather like that. these are super fun and for $55 thats just amazing. just stuck my se210 in my ears and these are easily more enjoyable. i know i have analysed them critically yet but fist impression s massively positive

Jul 2, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #78 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well grrrr bad fedex not leaving a card but yey for pretty neighbour. just got my hands on these 10 min ago and 2 things.

1 omg they are so teeny tiny

2 omg i so like these. ive had the um3x in all day and they have to be the least fin things ever while these are just mkaing me smile and oh i rather like that. these are super fun and for $55 thats just amazing. just stuck my se210 in my ears and these are easily more enjoyable. i know i have analysed them critically yet but fist impression s massively positive

thanks - please post when you have more thoughts on them.

need new 'phones and these look like they may be a good choice, so if anyone sees them available online please post here. I'm very curious how these compare to RE-2 and NE-7M since those seem to be the best competition in this price range.

Jul 2, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #79 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
need new 'phones and these look like they may be a good choice, so if anyone sees them available online please post here. I'm very curious how these compare to RE-2 and NE-7M since those seem to be the best competition in this price range.

Edited out. My fail.

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #81 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by mglak51jk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just went to the site,and they're not listed yet.

Lol. My bad. That was a tabbed browsing fail. Had the RE0 thread open in the next tab.

The PL50s should be available soon from HiFi headphones (UK) as well as Mp4nation.net (worldwide). Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #82 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks - please post when you have more thoughts on them.

well since ive ha another day i can add a little more. firstly i dont have the ne-7 or RE-2 so no idea how they compare.

the pl-50 i find is quite mid orientated not unlike shure. the big difference that low end shures tend to be really lacking in the highs and lows and these arent. i havent really listened to them critically and compared to anything but i just find them so fun. their sound is exactly the sort of thing i want in an IEM.

and becasue of the size of them i imagine they would be perfect for sleeping in, not that i ever do

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #83 of 371
hmm, mark, seeing as you've tried klipsch customs from 1-3, how would you stack the 3's against the PL50 as far as warmth and soundstage are concerned? If I go with the PL50 it means I can add an amp to the mix, but really I'm looking for an awesome IEM to provide a big enough sound to at least somewhat stand up to my denon d1001.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #86 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, mark, seeing as you've tried klipsch customs from 1-3, how would you stack the 3's against the PL50 as far as warmth and soundstage are concerned? If I go with the PL50 it means I can add an amp to the mix, but really I'm looking for an awesome IEM to provide a big enough sound to at least somewhat stand up to my denon d1001.

well over all id say they are a fraction better than the custom 2 but they are lighter sounding and more mids and high centric. they have nice bass but its quite light. the mids on them are really very nice. the soundstange is fine, not in head sounding but nothing huge either. better than the customs though

the custom 2 is warmer and more bassy with less highs and it doesnt have quite the same clarity or clean sound. they do sound more authoritative and full particularly on the low end though

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #90 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by helmet993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question is RE0 vs. PL50...

I'll suggest you pick the kind of sound signature you like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mglak51jk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these compare to the ADDIEMS? Or is it like comparing apples and oranges? (sorry-I couldn't help ti...)

My ADDIEM is coming, though I have no idea when it will arrive (snail mail w/o tracking). I'll do a review of ADDIEM as well if you can wait till then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back