SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #485 of 1,386
Quote:
I meant I would prefer to buy from amazon than your mass buying site.
Are they under amps or daps in the classifieds?

What they're trying to tell you is you can save a nice chunk of cash buying from the other site (enough to pay for a 64GB SD card) and you could easily get your money back if you decided to sell it since you paid so much less than the current price. And they would usually be listed under Source Components in the For Sale area.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #489 of 1,386
Very detailed headphones but still not understand what AMP source need to use for geting deep bass.
3Lwa3

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #491 of 1,386
They sounded great together. Most of the review was written from listening to them through the C421

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #492 of 1,386
Also for anyone interested trying HP100 now's your chance to get it at $150 at that certain mass dropping site that could not be named, if 15 people got into the bandwagon that's it.

I just saw that today. Really tempted to give these a try at $150. :)

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #493 of 1,386
Hello
Complete noob here. Love music but definitely dont have the knowledge necessary to call myself an audiophile.
I have also never owned a pair of nice headphones.

Looking into getting a pair sub 200$.
Obviously, for somebody who doesnt know anything, the big marketing names come to mind (beats studio  - older model, bose QC15) but then I started looking at their frequency response and it looks quite terrible in the mids. The bose look horrible in the highs as well....

Looking around for an alternative, I saw these HP100 and after reading this review and a few others they do sound quite impressive.
Now on to my questions:

- Not planning on ever buying an amp. These will be used to connect to a computer, phone or mp3 player. The latter items may potentially have weak sound. Am I out of my mind to look at these for this purpose?
- Never having owned a pair of descent closed can headphones, or decent headphones period, will these sound good to me or will their audio quality be lost on my uneducated ears?

Thank you

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #494 of 1,386
Quote:
Very detailed headphones but still not understand what AMP source need to use for geting deep bass.
3Lwa3

I get the feeling that what people mean by "deep bass" can vary between each person. For me deep mean those sub bass, but I think many people confuse it with the more noticeable mid bass, if that's what you're looking for then HP100 is very light on those (which contribute to the non-warm feeling of the phone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back