Soundcard Yes or No.
Jul 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
twiz 8, I misspelled the Asus card recommendation. It's Xonar, not Sonus. Didn't mean to confuse you. Good luck, EarHead1

Not to scare you off, but you are new, hold off on recommending anything for a while, especially until you have gear to compare it too :)

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #17 of 21
WiR3D, Excuse me for expressing myself. Having not been a head-fier since the stone age, I hardly feel qualified to comment on anything specific. i've been involved in many aspects of commercial and military ventures over the past many years. i've modified equipment both military and industrial as well as audio equipment. That hardly qualifies me to recommend equipment choices on this site. i have used both Creative and Asus audio cards in computer builds and have extensive experience with each. Asus cards are better for music purposes and creative cards seem to be better for game use, but that is up to the individual using them to decide. You don't know me nor I you. Perhaps we can agree to disagree. In any case, I stand by my recommendation regardless and hope that it may help. EarHead1

Jul 15, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
WiR3D, Excuse me for expressing myself. Having not been a head-fier since the stone age, I hardly feel qualified to comment on anything specific. i've been involved in many aspects of commercial and military ventures over the past many years. i've modified equipment both military and industrial as well as audio equipment. That hardly qualifies me to recommend equipment choices on this site. i have used both Creative and Asus audio cards in computer builds and have extensive experience with each. Asus cards are better for music purposes and creative cards seem to be better for game use, but that is up to the individual using them to decide. You don't know me nor I you. Perhaps we can agree to disagree. In any case, I stand by my recommendation regardless and hope that it may help. EarHead1

I can agree with this, but the choices were not between soundcards, but between soundcards and external amps and such. in which you have no experience, so you can only vouch for half of the question, which makes your recommendation biased, although well intended, it is still biased.

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
Well, sound card necessary for good amp sound, without soundcard you can`t listen loud sound. it has a name of grand device. 

What?

you don't need a sound card, not an internal one anyway. The STX is great value, of that there is no doubt, but you don't need a soundcard. You need a DAC, and you get USB dacs, eg: Fiio E7, Yulong D100, Fostex HP-A8C etc etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back