SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Mar 18, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #691 of 1,094
  M1PRO is another version, tuning is upgraded based on Analogue, with changed femto-second clock and other materials.

Colors options:
M1PRO colors: Champagne Gold, Grey
Vitality, Analog colors: Glacier, Grey

Thanks for confirming as M1 models were determined by the Colors - I thought 
e.g. Analog = Grey, and Vitality = Glacier
So I was originally confused but now it is clearer - Thanks

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #693 of 1,094
  Im wondering if anyone has tried with the Roxanne/Layla/A12 Adel....does it reduce the treble a bit with the 10.5ohm output impedance? 

Also, any more comparisons to the Calyx M would be great :)

I find the Analogue version too dark for the universal Roxannes and Laylas, which I find to be quite dark-sounding, especially with the Spinfit tips. So I reckon if you're considering the M1, I'd get the Vitality version (Note: I haven't heard that version yet). Compared to the Calyx M, I think it is warmer, but possibly more resolving -- something I'll have to re-check. Some people find warmer-tuned gear to be less resolving, presumably because they equate a brighter sound with more detail. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #694 of 1,094
Cool thanks Currawong. Another possible option is the M1Pro i suppose; Im getting the feeling this amp is sounding more 'tube like' as a general description (with more or less detail resolution/warmth depending on which model one chooses)...love that tube amp feel in the mids (EL34 Mullards.....)

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #697 of 1,094
I would apprecsiate some impressions of M1 vs aune m2 pro, questyle qp1r, fiio x7, ibasso dx80.

How does it drive full size cans like hd650 / hd800 / beyerdynamics ?

What is the power rating at 32ohm and what is the output impedance ?

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #698 of 1,094
The m1 pro is the analog version with the femtos, a new version, the m1pro studio edition will be launched soon, this is the vitality version with femtos. Check out my post a few weeks back for some impressions ok how these compare :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #699 of 1,094
Thanks. Can other people share more impressions of M1 vs aune m2 pro, questyle qp1r, fiio x7, ibasso dx80, and others and also how it fares with full size cans compared to other DAP's ? I really need to be thorough with my choices, thanks.

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #702 of 1,094
I'm quite interested in this player as I like a warm signature. I've read that the M1 has a warmer sound sig than the Mojo, so does that mean the M1 Pro would be closer to the Mojo sound? Especially as they both use FPGA tech.

I would like to hear comparisons between the M1/M1 Pro and QP1R too if somebody has had the pleasure.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #704 of 1,094
  I'm quite interested in this player as I like a warm signature. I've read that the M1 has a warmer sound sig than the Mojo, so does that mean the M1 Pro would be closer to the Mojo sound? Especially as they both use FPGA tech.

I would like to hear comparisons between the M1/M1 Pro and QP1R too if somebody has had the pleasure.

The M1 Analog is warmer than the Mojo. It pairs nicely with brighter IEMs such as the Dita models.

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #705 of 1,094
I would like to buy/make a 3.5mm to RCA coaxial cable for M1, any advice for the adapter? I don't know which 3.5mm plug is compatible?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back