SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Feb 20, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #663 of 1,094
Feb 24, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #666 of 1,094

Not sure if this has been posted in the thread or not, spotted the following posted by soundaware rep in erji.net

These are the initial batches where later batches will include more designs.

Source: erji.net

good job from soundaware !

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #673 of 1,094
Thanks for the perspective. If you had to do over, M1 or M1Pro? How important is the 'clock' upgrade?

Cheers.

Pretty sure fumoffuXx has heard and liked M1Pro better. Is that right fumoffuXx?

I currently have a set for review.

The analog when compared to the vitality is much richer, thicker, warmer and lusher, and has a much more intimate presentation. The vitality is noticeably more resolving and detailed. Airy, and stages better and sounds more open. Two very different approaches to sound.

The M1pro is actually the analog version with the pair of femto clocks. Thus, a real fair comparison is the M1 analog with the M1pro. The difference is not small. The soundstage, resolution, air, is quite significantly improved (at least as significant as it gets among portable sources). It's technicalities (soundstage, resolution) are extremely close to that of the vitality, possibly matching it, but with the rich analog musicality of the analog version (albeit slightly less thick and less congested). The M1pro gives you the best of both worlds.

I've been in close contact with the lead designer of soundaware, and he is planning to launch another model, a studio edition. He'll be sending me a set soon to test out and for feedback. The studio version is basically the vitality version with the femto clocks, and given the sound quality of the original vitality, and the improvement which the femto clocks gave to the analog version, I am extremely, extremely excited about this. In my opinion, the M1pro comes exceedingly close and possibly matches the best of the best players purely on sound quality. I think the studio version will be right up there in terms of technicalities :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back