SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Jul 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #917 of 1,094
  Thanks, so I just create different folder in the card?

Yeah, I guess maybe you want to create new folders in the DAP directly, no need of connecting with PC. But it's unavailable.

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jul 1, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #918 of 1,094
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new DAP and I just had a few questions about the M1 pro and the soon the be released M1 pro studio. 
a little about myself is that I have a music collection that is 70Gb+ of mixed mp3's and flac's that I wish to take with me on the go, I have found myself more and more "on the go" so to speak and would like a summit-fi quality dap without really breaking the bank (too much 
wink.gif
).
I also do an almost obsessive amount of research before I part with my cash and I have read that this is one of the few players that really shines by itself and the quality of sound that it produces is near to the chord mojo. 

I would like to ask:
How does this device fare in comparisons to sound quality only with other similar priced players that some of you may have used such as the fiio x7, ibasso dx80, the shanling range and etc.. and also whether a pairing of an amp such as the chord mojo takes the player to a whole other level. I am interested in hearing an owners response.

I am willing to tolerate (to a degree) a less refined user interface in regards to a great amount of storage and top notch sound quality, but how obtrusive is its software to its intended operation? when things start playing does much go wrong? personally I prefer a simpler interface so the current one from videos is pretty attractive to me.

does anyone know the intended release date of the m1 pro studio edition, from reading this thread I have heard quite good things about it and I am looking to buy a player within the next 2 months so I am willing to wait if once released all is well.

and finally this one is more of a request but, I happened to stumble onto this thread by chance, if it wasn't for my OCD when it comes to wanting the best that my money can buy I am pretty sure I would have missed this completely. Through deeper delving I came across a Chinese site that reviewed the M1 pro player objectively and also subjectively:http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100006514.htm 
I am a strong believer of objective testing and the results were pretty outstanding. However, when it came to the subjective results, due to Chinese not being a language of mine I could not really gauge what was being said in regards to comparing it to other players. So my request is mainly for the owners of this particular dap to post more reviews on this site to make it easier to see if this is a player that would fit my needs, I have come across 2 reviews on the head fi site and a 6moons review that did not once speak of the sound quality. Considering the fact that there are to my knowledge 4 different types of the esther it make it a difficult purchase without relying on blind faith. Please post more reviews guys 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for hearing me out, I look forward to hearing your responses 
dt880smile.png

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #919 of 1,094
  Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new DAP and I just had a few questions about the M1 pro and the soon the be released M1 pro studio. 

does anyone know the intended release date of the m1 pro studio edition, from reading this thread I have heard quite good things about it and I am looking to buy a player within the next 2 months so I am willing to wait if once released all is well.

Thanks for hearing me out, I look forward to hearing your responses 
dt880smile.png

Hi Treeko,
M1 pro studio is just for distributors ordering for large quantity. But it's not on the producing plan until now.
cool.gif

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jul 7, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #920 of 1,094
I have the M1pro and I am very pleased with it. It's a clear step up from my previous DAP a fiio x5ii and from memory, it is more musical than the qp1r which I used to own. I have no issue with the interface at all. It's quite simple but works fine. Admittedly I use 'folders' when choosing what to listen to rather than playlists or selecting by album or artist. I am in the process of acquiring a suitable coax cable for connecting to my mojo so can't comment on that yet. I have mainly paired it so far with my se846 and t51p however I did try it with my t1 2nd gen and it drove them pretty well. I do not anticipate needing to upgrade to a different DAP for sometime as the m1pro is crystal clear, very musical, and very detailed plus has 2 micro sd card slots which is important to me. The only thing I now wish for is a decent case to give it some protection.

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #921 of 1,094
I have the M1pro and I am very pleased with it. It's a clear step up from my previous DAP a fiio x5ii and from memory, it is more musical than the qp1r which I used to own. I have no issue with the interface at all. It's quite simple but works fine. Admittedly I use 'folders' when choosing what to listen to rather than playlists or selecting by album or artist. I am in the process of acquiring a suitable coax cable for connecting to my mojo so can't comment on that yet. I have mainly paired it so far with my se846 and t51p however I did try it with my t1 2nd gen and it drove them pretty well. I do not anticipate needing to upgrade to a different DAP for sometime as the m1pro is crystal clear, very musical, and very detailed plus has 2 micro sd card slots which is important to me. The only thing I now wish for is a decent case to give it some protection.

Thanks for your feedback. Dignis makes beautiful cases, hope somebody can convince him to make one for M1 Pro.

http://dignis.co.kr/

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #923 of 1,094
One thing I have noticed, which isn't something I've had with previous DAPS, is just how much better the M1Pro sounds after its warmed up. After about 30-45 minutes the SQ dramatically improves.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #926 of 1,094
I now have a coax cable to connect the M1Pro to the Mojo.... wow. With se846 it's by a margin the best result I've had from the Mojo. Such a beautiful 'alive' sound. I guess it shouldn't really make a difference whether the source is an x5ii, a smartphone or whatever but it seems it does.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #927 of 1,094
I now have a coax cable to connect the M1Pro to the Mojo.... wow. With se846 it's by a margin the best result I've had from the Mojo. Such a beautiful 'alive' sound. I guess it shouldn't really make a difference whether the source is an x5ii, a smartphone or whatever but it seems it does.

The difference really isn't small huh. In some cases the difference is even bigger than with the DAPs alone to my ears.

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #928 of 1,094
I'm always telling people that the digital section of daps is just as important as the dac and amp section, digital section being the generation of the I2S signal to be sent to the dac, or externally through digital out. So many clueless people think a smartphone is as good as anything as a source. From looking at the design and schematic of all the major daps I'd say the top three digital sections on daps are QLS QA360LE, Aune M2S and Esther M1 Pro. I personally have a QA360LE which sounds incredible as a source, hooked up to my NAD M51. I want to try Aune and Esther as well, but it's an expensive endeavor.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #929 of 1,094
I now need another coax cable for connecting the m1pro to my network streamer.... 3.5mm male to rca male. Or a 3.5mm female (that will accept the cable I'm using to the mojo) to rca male. 45cm to 1m in length. I'm in the UK. Anyone got any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back