SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Apr 10, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #766 of 1,094
Forgive me if it was mentioned before, but what is the output impedance of the M1? I was noticing that some of my IEMs had a more impact sound out of the Mojo so this might explain what is going on.

I think that's just the character of the m1 analog vs the mojo :)

That said, the m1 does have a high impedance, but I'm not too sure exactly how it affects multi BA IEMs. It probably is better for dynamics!

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #768 of 1,094
To those still considering the m1pro studio edition, I'd like to report back on my latest findings. The Esther continues to change in sound and open up well past the 200h mark. It's actually becoming pretty much dead neutral. And rather unforgiving. So yes there's some slight revision to my previous impressions on it :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #769 of 1,094
I was close. Esther sounds amazing with dynamic driver IEMS. Awesome actually. Just odd not having eq.

Pardon? what's eq?
tongue.gif

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Apr 14, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #770 of 1,094
I've got the m1pro for a month now and Here is my impression regarding the device UI.
It is lame! And it feels like half baked,

• Genre option is a known bug for at lease 4 Months now.  
  • The Colors are awful Yello background with white text color is a lame choice, It is hard to read the song's name and there is no option to change the theme at all.
  • When connecting the device to the computer, it is always telling that the MicroSD has to be fixed. The only way to avoid this is by turning the device off and then plug it into the computer.
  • The device doesn't turn off automatically after X min even if it is in idle mode.
  • When turn the device on you You don't have the option  to continue the from last song position, only from the beginning of the song (if you have large flac file it’s annoying)
  • If you press the menu button and go to the main menu, the only way to go back to the folder which you been is to start paging back from the storage (SD0).
  • No case to protect the device (aluminium is very soft and got scratched easily)
  • The reset Is not working as expected.
  • The firmware has been rarely updated and there is no public beta like other companies.
  • The current Firmware 1.0.046 is at best prebeta version with a feature missing and bugs (as reported in many forms)
  • I bought the device online I got one with misplaced buttons: the Back and the menu buttons misplaced!! Amateurs

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #771 of 1,094
Pardon? what's eq?:p

LMAO, touche'!! Great device you made otherwise. Sound is really beautiful.

Mikopan Did you at least like the sound? I am big on UI and aesthetics, so I appreciate what you said. As bad as I found the UI, which works as it should for me, I'm actually considering ordering this device. In regards to the UI, I prefer something more updated, love touch screens, but I can make an exception due to the sound, which is very rare for me.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #772 of 1,094
@Mikopan  I'm not sure if you read the whole of this thread, but we have been discussing and giving suggestions to Soundaware on how to improve the UI and functionality because we agree that it needs a lot of work. The firmware was recently updated a number of times with some of our suggestions implemented, though it has a long way to go. 
smile.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #773 of 1,094
I agree, I actually like the form factor because it's one of the few non oversized daps. However I must admit the UI can be improved and I can understand why people have problems with it. That said it has mostly been alright for my daily use, not much problems for me.

I think at this point, the main thing about the Esthers are their sound quality. That's where they're really TOP of the class. To all new owners, they take approximately 80 hours to start opening up, 150 hours to shine, and just over 200 hours to reach their best so do give them time.

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #776 of 1,094
The UI works, just not fancy at all. But damn, sound is quite good. I'd venture to say it's worth the price tag. I don't say that about many daps.

Do go for the m1pro if you do, if you like the sound of the analog, the pro is a more accurate and natural take on the analog's sound, albeit still with the same lush smooth and gentle feel, (still warm and rich) and much improved technically in all ways. You will just love it :)

Plus the tralucent IEMs you so love sound awesome with it :wink:

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #777 of 1,094
has anyone had experience comparing the m1pro to aune m2 or m2s and opus#1 and plenue 1?i have the P1 but still curious if it would be worthy to upgrade to another DAP based on pure SQ.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #779 of 1,094
unfortunately Nik, yes. im really very curious about how good the sound of the Esther and M2S are. I dont have any complain about the P1 but I can give up UI and other features if SQ is that good on the Esther or Aune. I was also looking to trade for the L5Pro but once I had the deal, I always have a second thought. what if it turns out that the SQ is not that worthy. what if the P1 is the DAP that's for me. so confused Nik. I know you have heard both and prefer the Esther but i wish you can compare them with the P1 and can tell me which sounds best with the Zen 2. how i wish i can audition all these goodies and finally settle to one. sigh...

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #780 of 1,094
Yes, it's hard not being able to hear everything and make the best choice. As long as you enjoy what you have, that's really important. As we say, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Until you get to the other side, that is. Then you realize it was really greener in your yard :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back