SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Apr 8, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #736 of 1,094
Stacks nicely with Mojo. UI is not that bad considering. It works without going crazy. I could tolerate the UI.

Only drawback for me, is lack of eq. It does have a really unique sound signature though. Lovely sound.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #739 of 1,094
I see that's a very old firmware. The latest official firmware is 046 and I currently have the 066 beta firmware, whoever wants it can drop me a pm with your email address and I'll do a mass email. Send me your emails within 24 hours of this post and I'll send the latest firmware at the end of the 24 hours :)

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #740 of 1,094
My experience on the Vitality sound signature is fantastic, i just want the firmware to mature somewhat. See my previous posts regarding this.

Which firmware do you have now? 

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Apr 8, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #744 of 1,094
It is a real pity that the Esther isn't more popular.

Btw, if you have the chance, you got to try out the other versions of the Esther, I guarantee you won't be disappointed, especially the m1pros
smily_headphones1.gif

I feel the same way about Aune M2S, I found it's SQ is much better than AK120ii maybe comparable to AK 380 ( also more open and detailed than X7 ) and yet it is not picking up here at head-fi, just too sad. So many will miss out on this. 
The studio version sound like the best out of the bunch but I don't need another linear, detail and accurate sounding DAP, the M1Pro might be just what I need to complement what I already have.
It'll be fun to compare those wonderful sounding little player 
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #745 of 1,094
I feel the same way about Aune M2S, I found it's SQ is much better than AK120ii maybe comparable to AK 380 ( also more open and detailed than X7 ) and yet it is not picking up here at head-fi, just too sad. So many will miss out on this. 
The studio version sound like the best out of the bunch but I don't need another linear, detail and accurate sounding DAP, the M1Pro might be just what I need to complement what I already have.
It'll be fun to compare those wonderful sounding little player :beerchug:

While it is accurate and very transparent and mostly linear it still is very musical and maintains a hint of warmth.

That said the m1pro seems like what you would want :) you will not regret it!

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #749 of 1,094
The studio isn't out yet though, but it's worth the wait guys, and what I really like about it is the size, it's thicker than my iphone 5, close to double maybe, but with the same width and shorter!

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #750 of 1,094
Anyone knows if the 1964 audio U12 (Multi BA, 16 Ohms) would work for the M1Pro? Not yet bought the M1. I do own the U12 though. But first I need need to have some sort of conformation if those two would work well together, impedance-wise.
Even better if someone has tried this combination 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back