Sound Rhyme impression thread
Apr 6, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #511 of 2,481
I got my SR8 coming on Monday. Ill do a small comparo with the Trailii bird clones ie Penon Impact, Alambic Ears Mentawai, AüR Audio Alita.

I cannot wait plus Im grabbing the SR1 Single DD for bassheads. Sr5/dte500 have been home runs so far.
Wow amazing line ups you’ve got there!

Apr 6, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #512 of 2,481
Nice first impression, now i'm checking my wallet

Anyway pure BA (10+ and well tuned) definitely the best for IEMs, and yes i have a bunch of totl iem and i prefer pure BA than tribrid or hybrid, the only exception is YS Sword
DTE500‘s EST performance is something that still swinging me between full BA and EST, maybe YS Sword has got same type of performance.🤔

Thanks for your FR and info about 14BA and EST models of Sound Rhyme back in last month!

Apr 6, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #514 of 2,481
Done with tip changing. I am staying with the TRN T tip. Sounds the best in my opinion. Symbio tips are hurting my ears and SpinFit tips take too much mids away.

I have once again updated my EQ setting and I think I am not missing anything now compared to listening to this device without EQ.
Have you tried Moondrop’s SpringTips as well? If not I found it has pretty good synergy with SR5’s DD timbre.

Apr 6, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #515 of 2,481
Inside SR8: Confirmed 14BAs and Quad Sonion AcuPass
70735200-044B-497F-AAD4-D5D041FAE32F.jpeg
E13ABED7-9D40-4F1E-AE21-CFA2FA8A1550.jpeg

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #517 of 2,481
Apr 7, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #518 of 2,481
I just found this on Taobao where apparently they are selling a version of Sound Rhyme's they call the "Pro 16" with 2x Sonion 2600 and 4x Knowles 33518, along with 1x DD (this is the same configuration as Mangird Tea). I'm wondering if Sound Rhyme, Mangird and eventually other brands are manufactured by the same OEM factory...

Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537/tb.1997196601.12.53a17484Qtk8EV&id=628289697219

Here is another version of SR5:
https://m.tb.cn/h.UHokmAf?tk=61Q4dkyfjjO
Looks like just a shell swap.

It seems whoever is making them also used other brand name like Cklvx. They even share all the advertisement images, etc.

Xenns/Mangird is a higher level shop that creates unique products I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #519 of 2,481
I just found this on Taobao where apparently they are selling a version of Sound Rhyme's they call the "Pro 16" with 2x Sonion 2600 and 4x Knowles 33518, along with 1x DD (this is the same configuration as Mangird Tea). I'm wondering if Sound Rhyme, Mangird and eventually other brands are manufactured by the same OEM factory...

Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537/tb.1997196601.12.53a17484Qtk8EV&id=628289697219

It seems whoever is making them also used other brand name like Cklvx. They even share all the advertisement images, etc.

Haha good find! They are slightly different. The "Pro 16" ones have mmcx sockets, and the Cklvx ones have a different type of 0.78 sockets + front vent. They probably share the same internal design, but different in shell design, faceplates and (maybe) different tuning.

In taobao so-called "DIY iems" are quite common. They are usually hybrid or tribrid, price between 80-200 USD. You can choose your own faceplate, some even let you fine tune the FR. If you are not happy with the tuning, you can send back and they can re-tune (some for free, some not). Most are small one-man shops, with hit or miss tuning and inconsistent build quality. But some do have very good tuning and get discovered by domestic audiophiles and fans. A few shops get so popular that they start mass produce and eventually become legitimate iem brands. A recent example is Yanyin.

Who knows, maybe Sound Rhyme could be the next Yanyin!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #520 of 2,481
Haha good find! They are slightly different. The "Pro 16" ones have mmcx sockets, and the Cklvx ones have a different type of 0.78 sockets + front vent. They probably share the same internal design, but different in shell design, faceplates and (maybe) different tuning.

In taobao so-called "DIY iems" are quite common. They are usually hybrid or tribrid, price between 80-200 USD. You can choose your own faceplate, some even let you fine tune the FR. If you are not happy with the tuning, you can send back and they can re-tune (some for free, some not). Most are small one-man shops, with hit or miss tuning and inconsistent build quality. But some do have very good tuning and get discovered by domestic audiophiles and fans. A few shops get so popular that they start mass produce and eventually become legitimate iem brands. A recent example is Yanyin.

Who knows, maybe Sound Rhyme cound be the next Yanyin!
haha exactly.

here is Sound Rhyme's official shop:
https://m.tb.cn/h.UHLcKbv
and secondary shop:
https://m.tb.cn/h.UHowzri

They carry from shells to new drivers, to recycled drivers, to resin. So it has all the potentials lol.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #521 of 2,481
One thing I noticed is when i try to compare my SR5 with my others IEM in one particular song, I always end up forgetting and let the song finish and continue to listen the other songs 🤣.
This thing is so damm good that I have to put the player in repeat track so in the end I eventually am able to swap IEMs and compare them in one particular song.

BTW in one of those taobao links I saw some insane good looking shells for the DTE500.

@Penon you don't want to have more shell options for the Sound Rhyme IEMs?

Apr 7, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #522 of 2,481

Xenns/Mangird is a higher level shop that creates unique products I'm pretty sure.
It’s the factory staff managing the brand, from the factory directly to customer. Basically same idea with Truthear, so you get bare minimum offering for the price.

I also felt their business administration / brand marketing / promo skills are not to the level of bigger brands, as those bigger ones hire experienced staff or vendors for those post-production business processes.

I’m personally fine with those lack of professionalism at this stage.

It ultimately comes to the point that do you want to pay extra cost for overhead to those nicer looking marketing promo info?

I’d choose pay less and just get high-end finished goods with no flowery words and no need in marketing professionals.

They can hire executive level marketing staff like Empire Ears does, with “6 digits pay “ marketing directors payroll ending up rolled into the final products price of their line ups with 4digits asking $$$$.

At least at current stage, As they grow and become major powerhouse, maybe there will be a time to extend their hands and legs to fit a larger clothing, but that’s not now which I’m feeling.

Technically speaking, their business strategy is still at stage of cost-initiative on a focused segment, and this Sound Rhyme brand is doing well practicing their core strength.

It’s just a guy’s view toward a new brand, I’m not running Sound Rhyme, just one of their fans.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #523 of 2,481
It’s the factory staff managing the brand, from the factory directly to customer. Basically same idea with Truthear, so you get bare minimum offering for the price.

I also felt their business administration / brand marketing / promo skills are not to the level of bigger brands, as those bigger ones hire experienced staff or vendors for those post-production business processes.

I’m personally fine with those lack of professionalism at this stage.

It ultimately comes to the point that do you want to pay extra cost for overhead to those nicer looking marketing promo info?

I’d choose pay less and just get high-end finished goods with no flowery words and no need in marketing professionals.

They can hire executive level marketing staff like Empire Ears does, with “6 digits pay “ marketing directors payroll ending up rolled into the final products price of their line ups with 4digits asking $$$$.

At least at current stage, As they grow and become major powerhouse, maybe there will be a time to extend their hands and legs to fit a larger clothing, but that’s not now which I’m feeling.

Technically speaking, their business strategy is still at stage of cost-initiative on a focused segment, and this Sound Rhyme brand is doing well practicing their core strength.

It’s just a guy’s view toward a new brand, I’m not running Sound Rhyme, just one of their fans.
Yes I do agree. Finally what matter for the consumer is the sound quality and durability.

Apr 7, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #524 of 2,481
I really hope for some more cost efficient IEMs with those Empire Ears ESTs. Variations ootb experience is better than Hexa, but still didn't give me that experience Penon Serial did. I guess a Xenns Up like tuning or the Oratory target would be more to my liking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back