Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 2, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #2,478 of 2,503
Thx a lot, I couldn't find images of its ventilation.

Right next to their switches ... they are there

1714649130386.png

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #2,481 of 2,503
After listening to the DTE900 for the past serveral days, I can honestly say that they are as good as ANY IEM I've ever heard. That's a serious endorsement.

That is all. There are too many variables involved in making this judgement, so I will leave it at that. Such a great IEM, and I've heard many. 100% enjoyable. Congrats Sound Rhyme.

May 4, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #2,482 of 2,503
After listening to the DTE900 for the past serveral days, I can honestly say that they are as good as ANY IEM I've ever heard. That's a serious endorsement.

That is all. There are too many variables involved in making this judgement, so I will leave it at that. Such a great IEM, and I've heard many. 100% enjoyable. Congrats Sound Rhyme.
100% agree. This is an amazing IEM with very good tuning, unlike the current IEM market right now.:L3000::beerchug:

May 4, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #2,483 of 2,503

I will add that I experimented again with the Dunu Velvet tips and they really damped the details quite a bit without adding anything in trade. So, I will say that (for me), the Spiral Dot++ tips are absolutely the key ingredient to getting the most out of the DTE900s. I will do some cable rolling in the near future to see if I can squeeze more out of these babies. Been listening to them all week and I have to admit that they are the whole package. While they are a bit tilted to the upper registers, they are still fabulous all-rounders. Nothing feels out of place, and even though they sometimes can have some in-your-face details, there is never any glare or sharpness to the sound. Crisp detail with cavernous soundstage. These drivers are super fast. My other IEMs are gathering dust at the moment, which is a bit of a shame since I love them too for different reasons. But it's tough to find a track in my library where the DTE900s aren't just plain better sounding. Soooo glad I took the plunge.

May 7, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #2,485 of 2,503
For the owners of SR8/DT900 , what dongle would you consider as the best pairing (to keep the wonderful bass and to tame a little the upper mids & highs (for the DT900))?

Thanks
I have the Colorfly CDA-M1P and I think it pairs wonderfully with the SR8. I can’t promise it would retain ALL the bass of DTE900 it seems to do fine in that department with the SR8. I don’t know hear too much difference between dongles but from the reviews of the colorfly people seem to believe it leans warm/analog ish so could work well for you. Great price point for the AK chip in it as well

May 7, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #2,487 of 2,503
For the owners of SR8/DT900 , what dongle would you consider as the best pairing (to keep the wonderful bass and to tame a little the upper mids & highs (for the DT900))?

Thanks
I have only used the Caiyin RU7 and Shanling UA3. The Caiyin I recommend wholeheartedly because it has great volume control, plenty of power, and in DSD 128 and 64 I think it would have a bit of the smoother sound you might like. The UA3 is ok, but I think for the price there are way better dongles out there now.

May 7, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #2,489 of 2,503

Thanks
I've also got an RU7 and it plays both SR8 and DTE900 very well. Topping G5 also sounded great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back