Sound Rhyme impression thread
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #2,431 of 2,480
Hm. Might be interesting. I could use a full BA for my collection.
Seems to be aimed primarily at the domestic PRC market, mostly vocalists and lead guitarists. Very little non Chinese language info out there, my Singapore Chinese gf translated for me

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #2,432 of 2,480
Hm. Might be interesting. I could use a full BA for my collection.
I've not found ANY third party reviews and outside of Sound Rhyme website, AliExpress official Sound Rhyme storefront, and my friends at Penon, it's got almost zero footprint online at all.

Will be fascinating with Knowles 22955 + 29689 + composite 31736, 2 tuning switches, choice of MMCX or 0.78mm 2 pin, custom shell and faceplate options.

Some obvious similarities with SR5 but the SR team said different tuning, flexibility of switches, choice of connectors etc, and different target audience (primarily vocalists and guitarists - which fits my use case spot on).

As soon as received (maybe +10 days from today, 1 April 2024) will post pics and initial impressions.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #2,433 of 2,480
I've not found ANY third party reviews and outside of Sound Rhyme website, AliExpress official Sound Rhyme storefront, and my friends at Penon, it's got almost zero footprint online at all.

Will be fascinating with Knowles 22955 + 29689 + composite 31736, 2 tuning switches, choice of MMCX or 0.78mm 2 pin, custom shell and faceplate options.

Some obvious similarities with SR5 but the SR team said different tuning, flexibility of switches, choice of connectors etc, and different target audience (primarily vocalists and guitarists - which fits my use case spot on).

As soon as received (maybe +10 days from today, 1 April 2024) will post pics and initial impressions.
That is wonderful to hear. I don't think I need any IEM that is not made by Sound Rhyme at this point. They're exactly how I want an IEM to be and they can be EQ'd so well. The SR5 can be equalized so well it is just wonderful.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #2,434 of 2,480
1000054056.jpg

Well, this is it for me - the end of the line (...hopefully). There's no way I can afford to spend this much on an IEM again.

Still have a lot more getting to know these ahead of me, but first impressions are, of course, fantastic. Feed them a good quality recording and they are truly amazing. Soundstage and detail retrieval like I've never heard before, whilst remaining so engagingly musical.

That said, it seems I just can't help but fiddle with EQ for every set I get. Listening to these on the 11 setting and have taken 0.7 dB off the 4k region just to take the edge off the spiciness and have added 0.5 dB at just below 600 Hz to bring a tiny bit more fullness to the vocals. Some might say those tweaks are too small for the ear to distinguish, but whatever the case, to my ears now it's bringing them close to perfection.

I might look into the impedance adapter one day to see what it's like to tame the treble that way, but with the way these sound now, I can't say I'm in much of a rush. I have been meaning to take a step back from the IEM acquisition game, and if I end up being true to that, I'll be very happy with the note I'm ending on. Cheers all!

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #2,435 of 2,480
SR asked me to post here because I ordered a custom DTE900 from them, so to let everyone know they also do CUSTOM at the same modest incremental price for bespoke shells and faceplate--that's a great bargain, most charge extra! And I view the DTE900 to be a great bargain overall. I bought them based on excellent feedback from another head-fi thread and figure 'why not try them out?' as they fit in my budget (I'm working especially hard this year so spoiling myself more).

I only do customs as I've had issues with fit before w universals, plus I fly overseas every week and want more isolation on the plane. That said, over last 3 years I've migrated to IEMs that have an opening that reduces the sound isolation (e.g., any with a DD), so that part of my rationale has weakened. I might replace my lost Pears SH-3 just for the planes perhap as it had the best isolation.

I've only had the 900s for a week so I'm not far along in my comparisons. But fairly sure it'll land in my top 3 of all time based on listening to date. The switches help, as when I switch music genres my focus across the frequency spectrum does change. E.g., when I listen especially to voices, my #1 IEM would be the 64 Audio. But for most music I want the DD bass and the SR does well across the spectrum.

Attachments

• DTE900.jpg
    DTE900.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #2,437 of 2,480
NiceHCK DragonScale cable with the H570 latex tips on the SR5 are a good combination. It is like an affordable endgame if you put your money into the source gear instead of chasing for a better IEM.
What do you feel the dragonscale adds to the SR5 experience? I use some Spinfits with mine because it works the best for me with pressure build up. I have yet to find anything up to $750 that I like more than SR5.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #2,438 of 2,480
What do you feel the dragonscale adds to the SR5 experience? I use some Spinfits with mine because it works the best for me with pressure build up. I have yet to find anything up to $750 that I like more than SR5.
The DragonScale gives a wider stage that is less deep then on most cables. The treble is less peaky. That's what I notice about this cable when paired with every IEM I own. I just thought it would be a good addition since I use my SR5 for gaming. It is just perfect for gaming if you use a little EQ. Yesterday I decided to test it against my DTE500. The DTE could produce more micro-details and a faster decay when I used it to play CS2. However the imaging is not as precise as with the SR5. I would even say the DTE is not tuned as well as the SR5 and it is more uneven in the treble area. SR5 can be EQ'd very well. A good source and EQ transforms the SR5 into something better. SR5 sounded rather average on my phone or a bluetooth dongle. On a desktop setup it suddenly scales up.

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #2,439 of 2,480
Today I tested my SR5 with Tangzu SanCai eartips, but no miracle has happened 😁 still like my memory foam tips the best for sound tuning of SR5 :) SanCai is of course a better choise than SR5 stock eartips as it added a little more bass, but I felt that SanCai also tamed high frequencies too much for my taste, so I started missing some clarity and small details in stage :/ with my memory foam tips SR5 sounds like a different kind pricier iems compared to other eartips. With memory foam eartips I can hear instantly an increase in details, stage, separation, clarity and the most important - naturalness of all frequencies, especially with vocals and instruments like piano. No harshness or sharpness like with stock eartips. 🙄 I would also like to try Divinus Velvet eartips, but I don't know if it is worth to spend 20$ for these after SanCai 🙄 if anyone is using Divinus Velvet with SR5, please let me know are they worth to get.

Attachments

• 20240410_125308.jpg
    20240410_125308.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240410_125246.jpg
    20240410_125246.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #2,441 of 2,480
Today I tested my SR5 with Tangzu SanCai eartips, but no miracle has happened 😁 still like my memory foam tips the best for sound tuning of SR5 :) SanCai is of course a better choise than SR5 stock eartips as it added a little more bass, but I felt that SanCai also tamed high frequencies too much for my taste, so I started missing some clarity and small details in stage :/ with my memory foam tips SR5 sounds like a different kind pricier iems compared to other eartips. With memory foam eartips I can hear instantly an increase in details, stage, separation, clarity and the most important - naturalness of all frequencies, especially with vocals and instruments like piano. No harshness or sharpness like with stock eartips. 🙄 I would also like to try Divinus Velvet eartips, but I don't know if it is worth to spend 20$ for these after SanCai 🙄 if anyone is using Divinus Velvet with SR5, please let me know are they worth to get.
See that’s interesting, and once again a great reason to have a ton of tips on hand, because for me the Sancai tips kill the bass and accentuate the highs. I really wanted them to work because they really do help with pressure relief which is a problem on the SR5 for me. As my daily driver I have tried basically everything (besides velvets) and settled on Spinfit CP100 plus as they kept the highs the same, added a touch of bass and no pressure buildup. I LOVE the sound of H570 on these but the pressure buildup is intense. Would also be interested in feedback with the Velvets on the SR5

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #2,443 of 2,480
SR5 with Divinus Velvets has more bright sound, although with less treble. The sound seems not full, like some frequencies are cut off. Much better results are with Coreir tips: the sound is much clearer with very good clarity.
For me most full and opened sound is with H570.
For more bass I use Yongse Warcraft cable.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #2,444 of 2,480
Just now I'm testing Penon Liqueur with SR5 - it's very good, something average between Coreir and H570. I will testing further.
Upd
The sound is a little darker with a bit more bass. But I had chose L size instead of my usual M.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #2,445 of 2,480
Wrong topic but can anybody Look at the Oracle MK Reviews on this Site ? I believe they got deleted they where so good... Also does the ea 1000 have a similiar Sound Signature Like the dte 900 both are lush, rich, fun, energetic. Is it like a poor man's replacement? Iam using dte 900 On Off Auto Tuning from Poweramp EQ Tonedeafmonk and it sounds fantastic so much fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back