Sound Rhyme impression thread
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #2,402 of 2,453
It truly is!
The SR5 is the bang for the buck deal in the IEM world.
I try to draw out the very same idea..........for slightly more believability. As you have to show the public why such a statement could be true, if in fact it is? :)

Yes, the SR5 is some serious value in the world of IEMs.

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #2,403 of 2,453
It truly is!

I try to draw out the very same idea..........for slightly more believability. As you have to show the public why such a statement could be true, if in fact it is? :)

Yes, the SR5 is some serious value in the world of IEMs.
I'd say the same for SR7... Amazing iem for the money.

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #2,404 of 2,453
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #2,405 of 2,453
The SR5 is the bang for the buck deal in the IEM world.
Couldn’t agreed more! I’ve ridden the pricing wave all the way to $750 and can’t say anything has sounded better than the SR5. Obviously haven’t tried everything but a decent bit including SR8 and the styles are different but “better” I just don’t see it. Just different. SR8 is fantastic. Didn’t care as much for the DTE900. The SR5 just hits my preferences basically perfectly.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #2,406 of 2,453
Couldn’t agreed more! I’ve ridden the pricing wave all the way to $750 and can’t say anything has sounded better than the SR5. Obviously haven’t tried everything but a decent bit including SR8 and the styles are different but “better” I just don’t see it. Just different. SR8 is fantastic. Didn’t care as much for the DTE900. The SR5 just hits my preferences basically perfectly.
This has happened to me but the DTE500 was matching with my personal preference the most. The treble is finally good enough and the fit is perfect. No in ear is so far has fit into my ears this well. Then i tried out the Coreir Brass tips. It was like an instant upgrade for both my SR5 and my DTE500. I can wear these tips for hours and it is perfect.

Mar 18, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #2,408 of 2,453
How you compare the sr5 with tin hifi T5S ?
First off they are opposite, opposites due to the Mars as being a single driver. So one is DD full-range in nature and one (SR5) is a 5 driver Hybrid. What that means too is that the Mars doesn’t really actualize the treble, it is rolled off. Something like the way more money NiceHCK Himalaya is going to go way farther to make a DD style of treble and upper midrange actualization into imaging. With that said it is possible to get there, only TINHIFI hasn’t tried or doesn’t know how. The SR5 gets there though. Yep where the SR5 is airy uptop and owns great positioning into the treble elements and does vocals, where the TINHIFI is warmer and thicker, even thicker in the lower midrange. Really a first from TINHIFI as to me the Mars is not like anything they have ever made. And you know how this business is, there can be small things that push you over to liking something. But the SR5 has a cleaner bass than the Mars, more separated and textured, it is a Hybrid and acts like it. Though the thing Sound Rhyme did was choose those 4 BAs wisely (as the 4X crossover) and there is very little off metallic BA timbre. So that’s the magic with the SR5 is you get (to have) your cake and can eat it too, as far as timbre. Yet there is also a strict mainstream tuning to the SR5 that means business. No off smoothness or extras, only forward treble but just right, and a forward vocal mids that walk that line. Though that line IS subjective, as it may be hot for some. Where Mars is way more forgiving and laid back to me?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #2,409 of 2,453
First off they are opposite, opposites due to the Mars as being a single driver. So one is DD full-range in nature and one (SR5) is a 5 driver Hybrid. What that means too is that the Mars doesn’t really actualize the treble, it is rolled off. Something like the way more money NiceHCK Himalaya is going to go way farther to make a DD style of treble and upper midrange actualization into imaging. With that said it is possible to get there, only TINHIFI hasn’t tried or doesn’t know how. The SR5 gets there though. Yep where the SR5 is airy uptop and owns great positioning into the treble elements and does vocals, where the TINHIFI is warmer and thicker, even thicker in the lower midrange. Really a first from TINHIFI as to me the Mars is not like anything they have ever made. And you know how this business is, there can be small things that push you over to liking something. But the SR5 has a cleaner bass than the Mars, more separated and textured, it is a Hybrid and acts like it. Though the thing Sound Rhyme did was choose those 4 BAs wisely (as the 4X crossover) and there is very little off metallic BA timbre. So that’s the magic with the SR5 is you get (to have) your cake and can eat it too, as far as timbre. Yet there is also a strict mainstream tuning to the SR5 that means business. No off smoothness or extras, only forward treble but just right, and a forward vocal mids that walk that line. Though that line IS subjective, as it may be hot for some. Where Mars is way more forgiving and laid back to me?
Thank you very much for your detailed and really helpful reply ,

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #2,410 of 2,453
My DTE900 arrived this evening!
They pair quite well with my dx260 and are very suitable for everything EDM related!
Now to see what kind of tunings I like the best 😃 (currently up/up)

1000011924.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #2,411 of 2,453
My DTE900 arrived this evening!
They pair quite well with my dx260 and are very suitable for everything EDM related!
Now to see what kind of tunings I like the best 😃 (currently up/up)

1000011924.jpg
I decided to take the plunge on the DTE900 yesterday as it sounds to be what i'm looking for currently in an IEM. I was waiting for the reveal of the Dusk 2 and the other upcoming sets from some other companies but finding a £100 voucher for AliExpress was the final temptation so I purchased directly from Sound Rhyme's Ali store.

If anyone has any pointers for bringing the best out of the set be it cables, tips etc please let me know. I saw Akros mentioned an impedence adapter in his review I've never put one to use before so that could be interesting. I'll be listening to a bit of everything with these so i'm hoping they'll be good all rounders.

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #2,412 of 2,453
I have good experiences with the spinfits w1, like them better then the spiral dots.
As for cables : I'm running them with a xinhs graphene cable, the stock cable feels very light to me almost like a toy. But that's just because I'm used to a heavier cable. Sonically the stock cable is totally fine.

About the impedance adapter : you can buy them at Ali, I have not tried it yet and am curious about that too.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #2,413 of 2,453
I decided to take the plunge on the DTE900 yesterday as it sounds to be what i'm looking for currently in an IEM. I was waiting for the reveal of the Dusk 2 and the other upcoming sets from some other companies but finding a £100 voucher for AliExpress was the final temptation so I purchased directly from Sound Rhyme's Ali store.

If anyone has any pointers for bringing the best out of the set be it cables, tips etc please let me know. I saw Akros mentioned an impedence adapter in his review I've never put one to use before so that could be interesting. I'll be listening to a bit of everything with these so i'm hoping they'll be good all rounders.
Personally, I found that adding a 25 ohm impedance adapter onto the DTE900 killed the details completely. I'd see how it suits you in stock form first, and consider a cable with higher impedance instead if you find the pina too aggressive

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #2,415 of 2,453
Guys, idk - this question keeps haunting me: should I upgrade the DTE900's cable to, let's say, Hakugei Bifrost or something from Effect Audio catalogue? I've read @Leonarfd review of Cadmus/Ares/Eros set from Effect Audio and I recall that for rock/metal music the best choice from this set would be Ares - am I right? Does any of you have experience in this matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back