sound magic pl11 or pl30 ?
May 9, 2011 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Eagle Hawk

New Head-Fier
as the title suggests which earphones should i go for ?
i heard the pl11 is strong with bass... and i just wanted to know the sound clarity of both these earphones
i am going to buy one of these tomorrow so guys please help me out in choosing the best between these two
thanks in advance :)

May 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 23
Aaand you're right, there is no P11 there. :p  Well, just check out the PL21 instead, I wouldn't really recommend the PL11 anyway...the PL21 is so cheap that there's hardly any reason to go for anything any cheaper unless you're really that poor.  Just read the reviews there for the PL21 and PL30, see what you think.

May 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
Aaand you're right, there is no P11 there. :p  Well, just check out the PL21 instead, I wouldn't really recommend the PL11 anyway...the PL21 is so cheap that there's hardly any reason to go for anything any cheaper unless you're really that poor.  Just read the reviews there for the PL21 and PL30, see what you think.

thanks for your reply mate
i can buy the pl30 
are they durable ?
and what is burn in ? (sorry i am a noob )

May 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 23
The PL30 should be durable enough, I haven't heard any reports of them breaking.  Burn-in is when some headphones/speakers seem to sound "better" or just "different" after using them for awhile.  There's quite a bit of debate over whether it's true or not, but you don't really have to worry about it.  Whether it's happening or not, it'll happen when you normally use them to listen to music, no need to do anything fancy.  I suspect it's really just your brain getting used to the sound of the headphones more than anything.

May 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #11 of 23

Quote:
The PL30 should be durable enough, I haven't heard any reports of them breaking.  Burn-in is when some headphones/speakers seem to sound "better" or just "different" after using them for awhile.  There's quite a bit of debate over whether it's true or not, but you don't really have to worry about it.  Whether it's happening or not, it'll happen when you normally use them to listen to music, no need to do anything fancy.  I suspect it's really just your brain getting used to the sound of the headphones more than anything.

okay thanks a lot for your reply
one last question 
will the pl30 work good with my nokia c7 phone ? (i am very sorry to ask too many questions,as im using my pocket money to get these :D)

May 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #13 of 23
No problem, nobody wants to buy something they can't use!

They should work fine with your phone, the PL30 is definitely sensitive enough to be driven without a secondary amp.  (you don't have to worry about one of those at all, it would be ridiculous to get one for such a cheap IEM. :p)  It shouldn't be a problem, for sure.

May 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #14 of 23

Quote:
No problem, nobody wants to buy something they can't use!

They should work fine with your phone, the PL30 is definitely sensitive enough to be driven without a secondary amp.  (you don't have to worry about one of those at all, it would be ridiculous to get one for such a cheap IEM. :p)  It shouldn't be a problem, for sure.

thanks a lot mate for helping me decide
i would buy the pl30 by tomorrow or little later
thanks again :D

Quote:
They should work with your Nokia C7, if any normal earphones can work with it.

and yea any 3.5 mm work with it,,,thanks anyways :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back