sound just like Grado SR60 but more easy on the ears?
May 21, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 19
it's been about a month, though...how long does this softening take? Also, I think the clamping force is just right except most of the clamping force pushes down on the protruding cartilage on upper ear mostly. I guess I'll keep using them until the earpads soften, but I don't really want to bend/mod anything...

Any headphone suggestions?

May 21, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 19
Have you tried using the bowl pads or the senn 414 pads? Those are more comfy alternatives. I found the bowls to be much more comfortable than the comfies which I find pretty ironic. I had the same problems you had.

May 21, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 19
A couple months and they really start getting soft.....I can't tell I have me 60's on with comfies. Washing them in warm water with a mild soap and air drying might loosen them up a bit.

May 21, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #13 of 19
The stock pads do get softer and more comfortable over time, or you can buy the yellow Senn pads on eBay.  I have had a better experience with those for comfort, and have noticed no difference in SQ.  The donut pads are even less comfortable than the stock IMO.

May 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #14 of 19
I didn't bother waiting for comfie pads to soften so I just tossed them into the washing machine with all the clothes and they came out fine. HD598 does not sound like the SR60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back