Sound cancelling headphones for subway
Jul 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

daikiri25

New Head-Fier
hi,

I take the subway in Paris 45 minutes X 2 every day ; i'd like to buy good sound cancelling headphones. I tried in-ear phones, which sound great but are too painful for me too wear.

What do you guys (and girls) recommend ?

Price range = 300 euros max

Jul 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 10
ES10, ESW10, Pro 900, Sony Z1000, PS500, Bose QC15, B&W P5, V-Moda V80, DT1350, T50p and MS400.

Jul 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 10
What about the HD-25's? nobody have mentioned it...shame on you guys. 
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 10
I am in the same boat as the OP. Assuming you are also looking at passive noise cancelling phones.

I don't like IEM's and there are no noise cancelling earbuds.

For use in the metro I have tried HD25's, but you don't to be seen in public with these things on. So I sold them again.

Now I am looking at px200-ii or... B&W p5 (headfi :/)

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I am in the same boat as the OP. Assuming you are also looking at passive noise cancelling phones.

I don't like IEM's and there are no noise cancelling earbuds.

For use in the metro I have tried HD25's, but you don't to be seen in public with these things on. So I sold them again.

Now I am looking at px200-ii or... B&W p5 (headfi :/)

I don't know why you would think that the hd-25's are ugly. The are extremely inconspicuous and great at blocking out noise. It's not like you're wearing m50's or something full sized.

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:

I don't know why you would think that the hd-25's are ugly. The are extremely inconspicuous and great at blocking out noise. It's not like you're wearing m50's or something full sized.

Well maybe I ditched them too fast, but with the long cord and odd thick shells on ear I made a quick decision to sell them. Because at that time I didn't felt comfortable in looks to put them on in the subway. However I somehow regret it not giving them a proper chance at the time I was just using them with my low tech mobile phone, which made a funny combination. Now I have iPod I might ave decided differently I don't know..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back