Soul Vs Sol. What to Get???
Sep 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

honest-ears

New Head-Fier
I've been wanting a new pair of phones to replace my crappy Skullcandy's for a while now. At first I really wanted Beats, but after looking at them and listening to them and the price tag, i decided to go down a different path. I looked at many brands and found two or three headphones I liked. I liked the Sol Republic Tracks and the Soul by Ludacris sl300. Also the Fanny Wang 2000's. As you can see, I am straying towards celeberty headphones. I want a heaphone with bass, good looks, and good durability. The reason I stayed away from Fanny Wang was because I read the weren't totaly durable and had terrible customer service. I like the Sol Republic because everything is replaceable and they're not going to break the bank. Now the sl300's I heard aren't totaly durable but whatever, they have ANC and cool looks. Although I did read they have muffled mids. On Amazon It says they cost 190-200 so that's a way better buy than 300, another reason to buy them. Now I know somebody's gonna say 'just get the ath m50.' thats not what  I want. if anybody has any suggestions or advice, just shout out. Thanks email mdavalos2552@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 22
I wonder if anyone has the self control to respond seriously to this

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 22
If you need over-the-ear design or the noise-cancellation, then go with the Souls. Otherwise, if you don't mind the on-ear form factor, I would recommend the Tracks HD. Great for bass lovers. (And they come in deadmau5 flavors! ^_^) The Tracks (non-hd) are nothing special, but they won't break the bank. However, if you go down to the price tier, I suggest the Sony Extra-Bass line. And still, if you'll reconsider, the M50s are fantastic headphones :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.
In MalVeauX we trust.

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

I don't see why anyone wouldn't.

Protip: Do NOT post your email.

Take a look at the California Headphones line if you want something that looks good. It's made by the same company as Fanny Wang, so they're admittedly more about looks rather than sound. 

If you absolutely have to choose between the two, I'd probably go with the Souls for sound, but I'd pick the SL150 over the SL300 from the times I've tried both. ANC is basically useless unless you're on a plane or train a lot. 

But seriously, if you're willing to trade durability, and therefore longevity, for looks, you might have to reorder some of your priorities. There are some good looking headphones that are also durable, like the California Headphones or AiAiAi TMA-1. 

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 22

I wanted to go on a rant, but rather than complain about the ones he wants, glorify the M50s, and whine about his retaining of his genres and rig, I gave him a shaky recommendation :p I wanna see someone rage though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.
In MalVeauX we trust.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 22
The Sol Tracks HD were honestly the worst headphones I'd ever tried... I'd say even worse than the Beats Solos (and that's saying something, being the now second place worst headphones).
They were an assault to my ears. They just turned everything into a blob of **** and proceeded to push that into my ear canal.

/rant

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 22
The soul headphones were reviewed by Tyll at innerfidelity, he liked their sound quality. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #11 of 22
Can't you read son...

CELEBRITY HEADPHONES ONLY.

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #13 of 22
If you're willing to look into other celebrity headphones, there's the AKG Q460s, Q701s and the Koss TBSE1s.

I'd say these are more authentic, as they're actually just headphones built by reputable companies that are rebranded and promoted by celebrities, as opposed to headphones straying away from R&D towards the fashion accessory side of the spectrum.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:
If you're willing to look into other celebrity headphones, there's the AKG Q460s, Q701s and the Koss TBSE1s.

I'd say these are more authentic, as they're actually just headphones built by reputable companies that are rebranded and promoted by celebrities, as opposed to headphones straying away from R&D towards the fashion accessory side of the spectrum.

There's also the V-Moda M80, V80, and LP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back