SOUL by Ludacris Headphones...
Jun 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #76 of 110
Good god. I saw these off headphone.com's facebook page, and I knew there would already be a thread here about them.

Another ugly pair of headphones, marketed as Audiophile. How are you people not cringing. The biggest, most expensive pair has bloody noise canceling. I won't take a pair of cans seriously the minute I see noise canceling.

And who the hell is this backed by? OEM china tech?

At least with the Now discontinued Sleek by 50 cent, we had a real potential product there, featuring good looks IMO, and the interesting wireless feature, all backed by Sleek-Audio.

I would probably demo a pair when its extremely convenient just to confirm what I already think, I'll be disgusted to have these on though, and I certainly won't go out of my way to try them.

Jun 28, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #77 of 110
A few of my local forum's members quite liked these, one of them even stated that the SL-100 (on-ear) was on par with the Sennheiser HD25.

Now if someone can properly praise these on Head-Fi, I'm sure we're going to have a new audio revolution here.

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #79 of 110

Quote:
Good god. I saw these off headphone.com's facebook page, and I knew there would already be a thread here about them.

Another ugly pair of headphones, marketed as Audiophile. How are you people not cringing. The biggest, most expensive pair has bloody noise canceling. I won't take a pair of cans seriously the minute I see noise canceling.

And who the hell is this backed by? OEM china tech?

At least with the Now discontinued Sleek by 50 cent, we had a real potential product there, featuring good looks IMO, and the interesting wireless feature, all backed by Sleek-Audio.

I would probably demo a pair when its extremely convenient just to confirm what I already think, I'll be disgusted to have these on though, and I certainly won't go out of my way to try them.

Well, for one I dont think they are being marketed as audiophile headphones. These are a 'lifestyle' type of brand, for people interested in teh 'in da club' feeling on their head. I don't think anyone is trying to compare these to a pair of DT 990s, sr225 or anything else (other than Beats)

... and they are not noise cancelling either. (like the beats Studios are)

I have had the chance to try on the Soul 100 & the 150.... they are definitely similar to the Beats in terms of signature... if you like the club feeling more than the ability to hear all the nuances of the music.. then these might be up you're alley

.... there are other people besides audiophiles who buy headphones.... as obvious by the explosive growth of Skullcandy, beats by dre and all of those crappy $5 headphones at Marshalls/TJ Maxx :wink:

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #80 of 110

Yeah im hearing murmurs that these are awesome. The sheep here are crying again without even hearing these first.
Quote:
A few of my local forum's members quite liked these, one of them even stated that the SL-100 (on-ear) was on par with the Sennheiser HD25.

Now if someone can properly praise these on Head-Fi, I'm sure we're going to have a new audio revolution here.

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #82 of 110
Has anybody tried them out ? Am curious to see if these sounds like the beats or worse 

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #85 of 110

Quote:
What with the name Ludracis!  I keep on thinking abt Lucifer for some reason. Must be a rapper or some sort like Dre.....These marketing schemes are after young people who do not know any better. 

I know, ludicrous right?
biggrin.gif

I'm actually interested in these. They may look, well, weird, but hey, new company!

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #86 of 110

Quote:
Dr. Dre simply stated that he released the Beats because he didn't think people were listening to music properly.Apparently a century on development in the audio department wasn't enough, and he believed he was the Messiah of our bad-sounding headphones. So he generously released the Beats, in order to help us listen to that pure, no-midrange, muddy-bass, dead-highs, sound he so well knew.

At least Ludacris, god or not, fashionable or not, said exactly what we generally think: there are a lot of hip headphones that sound like crap, and a lot of good-sounding ones that look dull. He wants to get both. he didn't say there was no good sound until his arrival, like Dre. I seriously have a lot more confidence on this that on that carbon-fibre thing 50 is releasing, and more than on the Beats Pro.

Ironically,  the statement is from a GED level rapper tells us about fine music with class.

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #87 of 110
Jul 5, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #89 of 110
I will be reviewing the line, this and next week.

Want to clarify something meanwhile:)

It's not being marketed to audiophiles.  But that doesn't mean that they don't have the potential to sound good and satisfy their niche.  However, I'm always skeptical about any product no matter who it is intended to be used by.  I'm not anticipating that these will make me want to sell my R10s or my Orpheus LOL.  But it would be interesting to look at these headphones objectively.  They're clearly going head-to-head against Beats By Dre.  I think aesthetically, they will be VERY appealing to people whom already like the Beats design. 

The review will be coming soon.  I won't be comparing them to HD650s or anything.  It's a different type of headphone.

-Dave

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #90 of 110
Please post back when you get done with the review , i  want to hear your thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back