SOUL by Ludacris Headphones...
Jan 5, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #31 of 110
OMG! Stop it already. First Dr. Dre, yesterday we had 50 Cent, now this?! Stop it!

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #32 of 110
All ya gotta do is give some to different high profile athletes and they will sell like hotcakes, sound quality be damned.

Did anybody peep Terrell Pryor (Ohio State QB) rocking the Beats during the Sugar Bowl pre-game?

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #33 of 110
It's just the fact that they sound so bad for the price... If there are comparable priced headphones that sound 5X better, why cant the Beats/Souls at least perform to an adequate level?

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #34 of 110
Here is an excerpt from a quick interview on CNN from Ludacris.

"For me, with my past 10 years in the music industry, I've heard a lot of different headphones, but I didn't feel like any combined true quality, stereo sound with fashion. I feel like sound was the most important thing. And I've seen some headphones that look nice, but the sound is terrible, and I've seen headphones that sounded good but, you know, they didn't have any type of fashion sense to them. I wanted to design something that could give you both."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/01/07/ludacris.headphones.ces/index.html?iref=NS1

Hmmm. Maybe It will be better than we think. At least better than the Beats if that was the heaphones he was referring to.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #35 of 110
Just watch any NBA pre or post-game events, Beats abound.

Quote:
All ya gotta do is give some to different high profile athletes and they will sell like hotcakes, sound quality be damned.

Did anybody peep Terrell Pryor (Ohio State QB) rocking the Beats during the Sugar Bowl pre-game?

@Justin Bieber's Beats

All he had to do with the production of those headphones was the color of the shell, apparently it's his favorite color. 

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #37 of 110
Because they trick you by making you think that the noise cancellation on the Beats is worth the premium. THEN they release the non-noise cancelling one with even higher price making you think the premium is worth it because it'll sound better than with the noise cancellation!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Who knew monster had this up their sleeves? nice....

Quote:
It's just the fact that they sound so bad for the price... If there are comparable priced headphones that sound 5X better, why cant the Beats/Souls at least perform to an adequate level?

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #39 of 110

Quote:
Here is an excerpt from a quick interview on CNN from Ludacris.

"For me, with my past 10 years in the music industry, I've heard a lot of different headphones, but I didn't feel like any combined true quality, stereo sound with fashion. I feel like sound was the most important thing. And I've seen some headphones that look nice, but the sound is terrible, and I've seen headphones that sounded good but, you know, they didn't have any type of fashion sense to them. I wanted to design something that could give you both."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/01/07/ludacris.headphones.ces/index.html?iref=NS1

Hmmm. Maybe It will be better than we think. At least better than the Beats if that was the heaphones he was referring to.

Dr Dre said the same thing about the Beats.

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #40 of 110
While, I think these rapper gimicks are getting sort of out of hand, I think they bare some positive aspects, as they are marketed by their looks. Given that many high-end headphones don't really focus on looks that much, I feel like these fashionable headphones serve as a gateway to the world of audio-perfection to those exposed to them. I'm sure in a few years, looks, in the highend market, will play a far more crucial role, as these ex-beat-ers will be looking for a fashionable upgrade. People who have beats now, will start wondering if there are better headphone alternatives out there, especially when the headband snaps :p
Headfiers might rant about how overpriced the beats are, but it's hard to disregard the fact that they are an improvement over most of the other mass-marketed crap, thus subjecting the masses to a modestly audiophile world.

Competition is always a good thing for us, consumers. 
I recommend that many headfiers get off their thrones before commenting, as there seems to be an excess of close-mindedness on these forums. *No direct offense is to be taken*

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #42 of 110
I raged.
I'm going to be optimistic and say that these will sound reasonable and will cost an appropriate sum given how they sound.

But probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back