Sorry, another HD650 and Amp Thread ($200-300 budget)
Jan 27, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #16 of 36

Quote:
OP im in the same boat as you, and i've heard good things about the Schiit Asgard. its $245.00 And since you already have a soundcard, you are probably just looking for a boost in volume with some clarity (like me)

but i think im staying away from tube amps, and sticking with solid state, that's why im looking towards the schiit asgard or the matrix m stage. Only thing is I can't deal with the RCA jacks. I need a quarter inch jack in the back at least.

You realize you can probably buy a 1/4 inch jack to rca converter for easily less than 10 dollars from some place like radio shack. 

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #17 of 36
yes yes i know! i even have one!  but my equipment moves around a lot and its easier to unplug 1/4 jacks than rca jacks.

but i have already came to terms with it.  also i have decided to get the purity audio k.i.c.a.s. with my HD650s!, will wait till pay day on the first to buy them though :/

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #21 of 36
Quote:
OP im in the same boat as you, and i've heard good things about the Schiit Asgard. its $245.00 And since you already have a soundcard, you are probably just looking for a boost in volume with some clarity (like me)

That's what I was thinking actually . . . one would be hard pressed to fault it on anything really (besides the company name, of course).

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:
yup i officially am debating on the schiit asgard and the purity audio k.i.c.a.s.

come Feb 1 i will pull the trigger on one of them, must decide which one

I imagine the performance would be similar between them, but the Asgard has a five year warranty.  If I didn't already have my X-Head Rev. 2 I'd have bought an Asgard.

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #24 of 36
I have an Asgard as one of my amps, and it pairs very well with the HD 650 and HD 600. Gives them a very spacious and airy feel, and lifts a lot of the supposed veiled Sennheiser sound without adding any coloration. Other amps I've heard in that price range that also pair well are the Audio GD FUN (lesser soundstage but bassier), and the Matrix M-Stage (faster amp, but not as refined).

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #25 of 36
I am using Matrix mini-i as DAC and Asgard as amp. It just sounds amazing! I would recommend Schiit Asgard as your amp for HD650 though it is a little bit higher than your budget. You can add DAC later. Actually I am thinking to sell my Asgard & Matrix to get a nuforce HDP
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #26 of 36
why a HDP?

I'm pretty much set on the Icon HD.... since it's basically the same as the HDP minus some random stuff i'll never use?
oh, and im buying it off amazon.com... costing me ~370 american (i live in ottawa)

where are you getting your HDP? (if i can't convince you to get a HD)

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #27 of 36
I listen to my HD650s out of a Little Dor IV (non se) and the pairing is amazing. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #28 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back