Soon to be... LTA R2R DAC
Apr 1, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #91 of 112
Ask and you shall receive :)
Looks like this is using the same Serce module as the Ferrum Wandla. Considering it was used in that DAC for on-board oversampling options, I'm curious if that's the same case for the Aero?

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #92 of 112
Looks like this is using the same Serce module as the Ferrum Wandla. Considering it was used in that DAC for on-board oversampling options, I'm curious if that's the same case for the Aero?
Upsampling not oversampling.

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #93 of 112
The Aero's product page says, "no oversampling and no digital filters", so I'm presuming that they aren't using the filters on the SERCE board and simply using it as a frontend/controller routing the inputs to the DAC. Good catch though!

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #94 of 112
LTA website says full production starting this week, I am waiting on my slush fund to recover after a splurge on a Stax SR-X9000. The Aero with my Z10e/X9000 will be Nirvana. I hope proper reviews are out soon and sales are strong for LTA. On a related note, what source components has LTA been using with the demo rigs and any comments on synergy with a streamer if any? Right now, I am using a Bluesound Node into a Chord Qutest.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #95 of 112
LTA website says full production starting this week, I am waiting on my slush fund to recover after a splurge on a Stax SR-X9000. The Aero with my Z10e/X9000 will be Nirvana. I hope proper reviews are out soon and sales are strong for LTA. On a related note, what source components has LTA been using with the demo rigs and any comments on synergy with a streamer if any? Right now, I am using a Bluesound Node into a Chord Qutest.
I am considering either the Rose RS130 or Lumin U2. Output from either will be USB into the Aero.

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #96 of 112
I'm planning to get the Z10e for my X9000. I've heard that combo with the Aero at a meet, and I liked the bass heft and richness in the sound compared to my existing setup. I'd need a private demo to have more detailed impressions though. This is veering off topic, but how are you liking the Z10e with the X9000?

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #97 of 112
I'm planning to get the Z10e for my X9000. I've heard that combo with the Aero at a meet, and I liked the bass heft and richness in the sound compared to my existing setup. I'd need a private demo to have more detailed impressions though. This is veering off topic, but how are you liking the Z10e with the X9000?
The Z10e and X9000 synergy is apparent in the bass (as you note) extension and texture is something that I expected based on my experience with other headphones (and speakers) but the Z10e really balances the X9000 perfectly for me. I have also listened the CRBN, Corina, SR-007MK2, SR-009S on the Z10e and Blue Hawaii at shows and at LTA HQ and they were all great but none of them displayed the texture and detail in the bass to balance off the mids and top end like the X9000/Z10e combo. I think all LTA amps have total control and grip on whatever drivers they power and it is especially beneficial on drivers with speed that can take advantage of this. Also, don't ignore the speaker taps and sub out, the Z10e is a TOTL integrated amp with the right speakers. I only wish it had a proper preamp line out to give it the flexibility of the LTA MZ3.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #98 of 112
The Z10e and X9000 synergy is apparent in the bass (as you note) extension and texture is something that I expected based on my experience with other headphones (and speakers) but the Z10e really balances the X9000 perfectly for me. I have also listened the CRBN, Corina, SR-007MK2, SR-009S on the Z10e and Blue Hawaii at shows and at LTA HQ and they were all great but none of them displayed the texture and detail in the bass to balance off the mids and top end like the X9000/Z10e combo. I think all LTA amps have total control and grip on whatever drivers they power and it is especially beneficial on drivers with speed that can take advantage of this. Also, don't ignore the speaker taps and sub out, the Z10e is a TOTL integrated amp with the right speakers. I only wish it had a proper preamp line out to give it the flexibility of the LTA MZ3.
Veering back to the thread, I did listen to the Aero with the Z10e and Dan Clark Corina, ZU Soul and Daedalus at LTA HQ. Hard to separate the DAC from the rest of the chain but the headphone experience was excellent and made it a hard decision between the Corina and X9000 which boiled down to a X9000 at a price I could not resist. The speakers were holographic which is what I look for in my system. I tend to lean towards what I feel is more natural versus analytical and would say I am not a measurements kind of guy so a lot relies on my "taste" when selecting gear. Hard to do in Hawaii since our limited access to high-end audio gear but I do get out on business trips and try to fit in my audio hobby when possible.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #100 of 112
Apr 30, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #102 of 112
Great News!
Picked up my LTA Aero Dac this afternoon.
Very very favorable initial impression.
Classical, jazz, rock, vocalist - Ella Fitzgerarld, Diana Krall
More authority in stage and bass
I am very sensitive to bright treble -- lively upper register with more detail and fullness
Instrument amd voice character well developed and nuanced

Now listening to Sinatra at the Sands

You hear full orchestra with good definition of each instrument and Sinatra with impressive range

Obviously must wait for full burn in over several weeks, particularly for the Aero and new usb cable.

My current headphone set up --
Aurender A 10 to
LTA Aero
Using Wywires Platinum usb cable
Aero to LTA Mz3 with Zysonix Ballista rca interconnects

Current hesdphone with this new set up
Audeze LCD X with Wywires Platinum headphone cables

Will try later with T+A Solitaire T and Meze 109 Pro both with Wywire Platinum headphone cables

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #103 of 112
Great News!
I am very sensitive to bright treble -- lively upper register with more detail and fullness

You hear full orchestra with good definition of each instrument and Sinatra with impressive range

Obviously must wait for full burn in over several weeks, particularly for the Aero and new usb cable.

Aurender A 10 to
LTA Aero

Will try later with T+A Solitaire T and Meze 109 Pro both with Wywire Platinum headphone cables
Can you please post a picture of the final version 🙏

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #104 of 112
Great News!

Aurender A 10 to
LTA Aero

Forgot to mention that I recently purchased Voodoo Iso-Pods (3 pod set). I put this under the Aurender A10 a few days ago and could not believe the difference. I thought the Aurender was a little dark and veiled with the Aurender A10 even with the Mz3. (The wood cabinet may have been contributing factor). This immediately changed once I put the three pods under the Aurender isolated the Aurender. I had the Mz3 stacked on top of the Aurender with Iso-acoustic pods under the Mz3.
I have this set up on a solid wood cabinet with two drawers about 3 to 4 feet in height.

Now, I have the Voodoo pods under the Aurender A10 with the LTA Aero on top of the Aurender with Iso-Acoustic pods under the Aero and then the Mz3 on top of the Aero (had Iso-acoustic pods under the Mz3 at first but the pods are too high and zi didn't like the stability and pulled those pods. I also have a Furutech power conditioner and replacement power cable to Aurender.
Comsidering getting another Voodoo iso-pods for the Aero and moving the small Iso-acoustic pods to the Mz3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back