Soon to be... LTA R2R DAC
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #76 of 112
If you listened to the Velo at CanJam NYC, you also heard the Aero. We had two Velo units - one at LTA's table and one at Meze's - and they were both connected to Aero DACs. :)
OK thank you for clarifying. I was at the LTA table. Thanks again for bringing the new items to CanJam!

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #77 of 112
There were a lot of people listening to it. I was more focused on the Velo and was not aware of the Aero development and did not try it out unfortunately. From the small amount of time I had with the Velo I was impressed. I am interested in their R2R now and thinking the Aero/Velo will be a stellar combination.
The folks at LTA used to sell MHDT tube DACs and I absolutely love my MHDT Orchid. If they were able to make a similar sound signature as the MHDT but much improved sounding then I will be mucho interested. Sound aside, would have been fun if Velo and Aero would shared a similar casing and size that would make them a perfect combo! :ksc75smile:

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #78 of 112
The folks at LTA used to sell MHDT tube DACs and I absolutely love my MHDT Orchid. If they were able to make a similar sound signature as the MHDT but much improved sounding then I will be mucho interested. Sound aside, would have been fun if Velo and Aero would shared a similar casing and size that would make them a perfect combo! :ksc75smile:
LTA posted this photo where the Aero they loaned to Meze at CanJam for their table was stacked with the Velo. Looks like this could work but I'm thinking the vent on the Aero would need to stay uncovered or add a spacer for good air flow.

1710800502217.jpeg
1710800539009.png

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #79 of 112
It still only has 2 real inputs (TOSlink is garbage). Why?! :confused:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #80 of 112
Tired of hearing uninformed people saying Toslink is garbage. Yes, inexpensive plastic conductor Toslink cables are not the best. Wireworld and Lifatec glass fiber Toslink cables are outstanding. Before you keep repeating that all Toslink is bad, you need to listen to true quality glass fiber Toslink cables and only then can you have an informed opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #81 of 112
Tired of hearing uninformed people saying Toslink is garbage. Yes, inexpensive plastic conductor Toslink cables are not the best. Straightwire and Lifatec glass fiber Toslink cables are outstanding. Before you keep repeating that all Toslink is bad, you need to listen to true quality glass fiber Toslink cables and only then can you have an informed opinion.
TOSLink is absolutely crap and it's full of jitter. This has been proven so many times I have no idea why we are even discussing it.

Back to the matter in hand. Inputs should be USB, I²S, BNC, SPDIF Digital Coax and AES.

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #82 of 112
TOSLink is absolutely crap and it's full of jitter. This has been proven so many times I have no idea why we are even discussing it.

Back to the matter in hand. Inputs should be USB, I²S, BNC, SPDIF Digital Coax and AES.
Don't forget 10MHz external clock. With external clock syncing two devices Toshlink is not inferior to other interfaces in terms of SQ.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #84 of 112
Here are a couple more polished photos we just posted to our website...

aero-front-web.jpg

aero-front-angle-web.jpg
It does look beautiful. You guys have done an excellent job.

Mar 21, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #85 of 112
Simple, clean and neat.

Looking forward to reading the reviews and hearing the unit.

Two years in development is really striking these days.

Hopefully it will synergistically pair with my LTA Pre.

Needing to upgrade my DAC this year.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #86 of 112
Simple, clean and neat.

Looking forward to reading the reviews and hearing the unit.

Two years in development is really striking these days.

Hopefully it will synergistically pair with my LTA Pre.

Needing to upgrade my DAC this year.
Thanks for the kind words, @SHXMD and @George Hincapie.

Two years is a long time indeed. You may recall, we showed the first prototype of the Aero at CAF in 2022!

We used the Aero last weekend at Southwest Audio Fest with a full LTA system (Aero, MZ Pre, UL+ monoblocks), and it sounded wonderful, backed up by attendee comments and post-show reviews like this:
My favorite was probably Daedalus with LTA electronics. I am saving my money. I think Daedalus Apollo 11 may be the best regular, wood-cabinet, multiway dynamic I know. LTA is affordable and was just terrific in tone, resolution...you name it

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #87 of 112
@jtnt

Any chance we could get close-up internal shots of the DAC?

Enclosed build is looking great! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back