Sony's new K1000 killer: Another review!
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #46 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are a very funny man.

Your sarcasm hurts me feelings.
plainface.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #49 of 73
Sony seems to have cleaned up their frequency response numbers....quite a few years back when they came out with the ex 71 I remember them saying something like extension from 7Hz to 31 Khz haha

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #50 of 73
Yes, the frequency response actually looks quite honest and believable. The 35hz is the same rating on the K1000, and the 25khz is actually believable because the k1000 is rated at 20khz, but the PFR-V1 has smaller drivers which can produce higher frequencies more easily. Also the drivers do not have any acoustical short (the K1000s do), and the fact that it has that bass tube makes the 35hz rating even more believable.

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #51 of 73
new k1000 killer? did sony ever made a k1000 killer? not even Orpheus system can beat a well amped K1000 system hands down so why make such an assumption?

i know your excited about this new headphone but making such wild claims when its not even released is obviously a attempt to stir the pot.

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #52 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know your excited about this new headphone but making such wild claims when its not even released is obviously a attempt to stir the pot.

Yes it was an attempt to stir the pot, I even admitted that in the first lines of the OP
redface.gif

Reason being all the threads about the PFR-V1 seem to go largely unnoticed otherwise and drop off the board, I needed an attention grabber
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #54 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL these are so silly looking!

... and then I remember the K1000.
k1000smile.gif

there's a post around here where a guy says his wife walked in on him while listening to his k1000s and exclaimed, "what is THAT?! this is getting ridiculous!" told my wife about this and she had a good laugh. they really are quite silly looking, aren't they?

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #56 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
new k1000 killer? did sony ever made a k1000 killer? not even Orpheus system can beat a well amped K1000 system hands down so why make such an assumption?

Quote:

just look at the R10, Qualia 010, CD3000, F1, SA5000, etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All those cans suck, so I'm not hopeful about these new phones.

Biggie.

What???
confused.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #57 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want to hear this thing, but there's no way I'd take a gamble on ordering this. I like how they are thinkout outside of the box, err, enclosure. A true two way headphone.

It really is not a TRUE two-way headphone. A true two-way headphone would have a second active driver powering the bass tube. The bass tube connects to the air pocket behind the diaphragm. It looks like it will just push the air down the tube, which would make it like a passive woofer in a speaker.

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #58 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I can't wait to try them out with music I like and know, a real amp and a silent background
smily_headphones1.gif
If they sound anything like the K1000 I will be permanently sold.

If you need a perfectly silent background, a real amp, and want good front imaging, why not get a pair of real speakers? Other people would hear the music on your head anyway, so it's not a private and intimate setting. You can't walk around with these things on, the outside noise would ruin it. And if you bumped into something you're going to seriously do damage to your ear.

I just don't see the point of these on-ear speakers at all.

I'd really like someone to try to refute what I said above, and try to provide opposing logic as to why these would actually be more useful to you than floorstanding or bookshelf speakers.

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:46 AM Post #59 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just don't see the point of these on-ear speakers at all.

I'd really like someone to try to refute what I said above, and try to provide opposing logic as to why these would actually be more useful to you than floorstanding or bookshelf speakers.

Erm, you can move around with them? *Ahem* Unlike speakers, headphones can be powered portably, so you can listen to your music wherever you want!

(^^^I'm confused)

EDIT: I see what's going on. They don't "need" silent backgrounds, power amps, etc. They're just like any other open headphone.

Or does your question extend to ALL open headphones???

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #60 of 73
One of the most advantage of the K1000 (no any other can have) is that they use the SPEAKERS OUTPUTS !!!

Those who adfirm about lack in bass in the K1000, do not have heard yet a well amped K1000, or (may be) they own a low quality K1000 (serial number).

Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back