Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Mar 6, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #2,926 of 5,805

Oh yeah, and about the loose connector you mentioned, it's an easy fix. Just tug a 0.2cm by 0.2cm paper at the side of the termination, it should stay in. That's how I keep the right termination from wobbling. I've made sure this doesn't affect the sound quality, or does any damage to the iem so It should be fine.

@Meth any picture how it would look like with the paper tugged in?

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #2,927 of 5,805

Yeah I am. I believe it's discontinued in local Singapore Sony store. There's actually a lot of places you can get them but the easiest way to get them and the store I'd recommend would be ConnectIT, It's retailing at $139SGD. http://www.connect-it.com.sg/muc-m12sm.html

Btw, if anyone needs the cable let me know, I can help you get one from the website above. Member price is SGD130.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #2,930 of 5,805
I will look into it. Thanks a lot:sunglasses:
i got the Linum Bax.   and it is great..  have not compare to others.

I was looking into the moon audio cables, but is it expensive? I never paid that high on cables:scream:
As in single-ended, 4-pole balanced? Moon Audio sells cables that you can custom-order in that config. You can also get them in double-ended for the PHA-3.

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #2,932 of 5,805
Anyone know if there is a way visually to tell the difference between the Sony upgraded cable vs the stock cable?

I plan on buying a used upgraded cable but don't want to get scammed since it's open box.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MUC-M12SM1-High-Performance-Portable-XBA-Z5/dp/B00UCKI7BM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457290150&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+xba-z5+cable
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBAZ5-Ultimate-Hi-Res-Headphone/dp/B00NBMHTH6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1457290150&sr=8-4&keywords=sony+xba-z5+cable

Sure. Have a quick look.

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #2,934 of 5,805
  For those who use SpinFit tips, if I use Sony's large silicone tips, should I get large CP100 SpinFit tips?

I honestly wouldn't recommend spinfit pairing with the Z5. Not that it's bad but the height of the spinfit tips makes it even harder to stay in the ears, as the height weights down the Z5 housing. Some I would recommend would be the Spiral dot, Ortofons and Sony hybrids(M).

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #2,935 of 5,805
Thanks @Meth! The stock cable is growing on me, it is now more comfortable than it was when I just got it. One thing that bugs me with the Z5 - it's a dust magnet. I see specks of dust everywhere, on the housing, the memory wire...

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #2,936 of 5,805
  Thanks @Meth! The stock cable is growing on me, it is now more comfortable than it was when I just got it. One thing that bugs me with the Z5 - it's a dust magnet. I see specks of dust everywhere, on the housing, the memory wire...

I like the memory wire actrually it helps stabilize te imes and avoid readjustments

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #2,937 of 5,805

I like the memory wire actrually it helps stabilize te imes and avoid readjustments

It actually does the opposite for me. The thick rubber part always gets caught on my jacket and moves the IEM around.

Have you even opened your M12SM1 yet? You are missing out man... They are far more comfortable and really bring out the best of your A3.

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #2,938 of 5,805

It actually does the opposite for me. The thick rubber part always gets caught on my jacket and moves the IEM around.

Have you even opened your M12SM1 yet? You are missing out man... They are far more comfortable and really bring out the best of your A3.

I think i will, as the cable (stock started to fail, got tangled nasty and caug in a drawer) so i will swap it

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #2,939 of 5,805
Just tried the PHA-3 with Z5. Using PHA-3 single ended input with stock cable, the Z5 sounded a lot warmer and I kinda felt the bass got bloated. Using balanced input with Sony's MUC-M20BL1 balanced cable, it was brighter, bass less bloated, and more airy. The latter setup put a smile on my face!

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #2,940 of 5,805
Just tried the PHA-3 with Z5. Using PHA-3 single ended input with stock cable, the Z5 sounded a lot warmer and I kinda felt the bass got bloated. Using balanced input with Sony's MUC-M20BL1 balanced cable, it was brighter, bass less bloated, and more airy. The latter setup put a smile on my face!

Wait, warmer compared to what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back